More threads by SaraGarrison

SaraGarrison

Solutions
Reaction score
Does anyone have any confirmed idea why logos don't display reliably for brands? I've seen various posts and twitter comments about this recently, though when I tried to find them again, this is all I could dig up: Logo's not showing - Google Business Profile Community

From what we've seen managing thousands of listings in GBP for our bulk clients through the API, logo does show for brands in the KP but just not reliably for every listing. I initially thought it might be category specific, but that doesn't seem to be it. All logos are uploaded through the API, they are within spec, and they show as uploaded in GBP manager without error. Sometimes they show in the KP and sometimes they don't even within the same account, where the logo is exactly the same on all listings.

For example on a healthcare client of ours with about 2k providers, medical offices, and hospitals - the logo displays on some provider profiles but not others, it displays on some medical offices but not others, and it displays on some hospitals but not others and so on...

Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason I can tell. Is this just a known bug or does Google have any actual guidance here?

Logo has been "finicky" ever since Google got rid of the profile photo and retained cover photo, but it seems to have worsened since the release of the NMX dashboard.

Solution
As a side note, I have noticed that uploading the logo in the NMX interface under "Add photo" will get the logo to display immediately even on chains but it's when the logo is submitted through the API that it's not reliable.
As a side note, I have noticed that uploading the logo in the NMX interface under "Add photo" will get the logo to display immediately even on chains but it's when the logo is submitted through the API that it's not reliable.

Solution

That seems like a crucial information, thanks for saying it. We noticed that logos can show annoying delays before displaying changes since NMX was introduced, but nothing at this level... however, we do all edits manually.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom