More threads by ElizabethRule

It works for me - don't know if the release was a regional based schedule but I'm in Australia so it is getting around the world now.

I am seeing social links in all my profiles now!

I just tried adding my social links and they are having trouble publishing. Is anyone else having this issue?

You still having issues with adding the social links?

Good afternoon! Do you happen to know if the feature was enrolled for Japanese hotels? I can see that only outlet listings in Japan have the option to add social media profiles, but it doesn't seem to be available for hotel listings.

Good afternoon! Do you happen to know if the feature was enrolled for Japanese hotels? I can see that only outlet listings in Japan have the option to add social media profiles, but it doesn't seem to be available for hotel listings.

This is probably a hotels thing and not a Japan thing as the feature is rolled out universally. Anyone with hotels experience can help? All I can do is confirm that hotels can have associated profiles (e.g.).

Hi Severina, we manage hotels and have not seen this option available yet for any of the hotels, regardless of their location. What we do see, is an increase in social media icons appearing in the GBP profiles. Google is not always accurate with the profile they show, for example, they tend to show the LinkedIn profile of the hotel manager, and not that of the hotel chain.

Would be great if hotels would be able to manage their social media presence, and not have to contact Support to remove links to erroneous social media profiles.

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 18.17.33.jpg

Thank you for the detailed information, it is very helpful. Hopefully, the feature will be rolled out for hotels soon as we already have clients asking if it's possible to add/manage social media links on their hotel listings.

Hi Severina,

If you have the social media links on the hotel's contact page and Schema implemented, Google can pull the info and show the social media links.

This hotel is showing the social media icons, but the LinkedIn profile linked belongs to the Hotel Director, while the Hotel's LinkedIn profile is linked on the contact page. It's also not showing their Facebook page.

Waiting to hear from Support if they can modify it.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 11.09.00.jpg

@timcapper do you know if Google plans to allow hotels to edit their own social media profiles?

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 11.09.00.jpg

Google only displays 5 social media profiles, and it won't let you choose which five or the order it displays them in. So if you want to control which five, do not upload more than five.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom