More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Glenn Gabe tweeted yesterday that he is now seeing the black "Ad" label appearing in 3-pack ads. Glenn said "I feel bad for the local businesses out there. I first thought there were 4 listings in the local pack... Nope, the black ad label just blends right in. Wow."

I couldn't agree more it actually looks more like a totally organic 4-pack now.

google ads label black style.png

Are you seeing the black ad labels?

I'm still seeing the green Ad identifier here. However, it would not surprise me to seen them adopt a harder-to-identify approach like the subtle, black color, borderless approach. It would make it more appealing to some ad buyers.

1575649153772.png

For what it's worth, I'm still not seeing the black ad icons here in northern San Diego County.

Back in May Google released a redesign for the mobile search results with a new black “Ad” label and favicons by the URLs in the organic search result snippets. Several months after that launch, Google is now rolling out this redesign to desktop search results.

Can anyone suggest why our favicons do not appear for our businesses in search results but other businesses on the same SERP show favicons. Thank you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom