More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
@TomW brougth this to my attention this morning. When you do a branded search on mobile, Google has morphed the organic results into the Knowledge Panel.

You'll notice a couple new things about this SERP. First, the bar across the top that has Posts, Reviews, About etc (GMB listing features) stays with you as you scroll down the page even though it shows you organic results.

Second, some of the GMB features are mixed in with organic and appear lower in the SERP such as Questions and Answers and the GMB Messaging feature.

Personally, I like it. What do you guys think?

I think it's pretty cool user experience. It does feel really messy though. But that may only be to us SEO's who know what we are looking at.

I also wonder if the merging of the content happens at different intervals. Some after the 1st organic listing, some after the 2nd, etc. If so, then it will be confusing to users as they expect a pattern.

Overall, I think it's a great idea.

I like it. Feels like you get a nice overview of how present the Brand is across all the platforms (yelp, IG, latest tweets, GMB posts, organic). The busier, the better, for me!

I wonder where resent posts would appear?

Posts have already been down there for a while... but now some other elements from GMB have decided to join them

Posts have already been down there for a while... but now some other elements from GMB have decided to join them

Yeah, but they seem to look better for some reason now they have the additional elements around them....time will tell.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom