More threads by Nikki Stine

Reaction score
I have been working with a client on a practitioner listing. The practitioner previously owned her own GP medical practice that has closed and she is now operating a Med Spa at a different address. We've been working to get a handle on a variety of GBPs, but the one giving us the most headaches is the practitioner profile.

1. Stuck in processing twice: We submitted video verification and it got stuck in 'processing'. I reached out to Google Support and it eventually changed back to 'verification required', so we submitted the video again. It again got stuck in 'processing'.

2. Additional documentation needed: Then support asked for additional documentation, which I provided to them. I received several emails from Support saying they were working on it, but nothing changed.

3. Unable to determine the issue: Eventually, they came back and said they were "unable to accurately determine the issue" and "unable to pull up a business profile using the details given." They asked again for the business documentation, which I provided, and another summary of the issue.

4. Verification!: The profile did get verified!

5. Unverified minutes later: It is a very incomplete profile, so as soon as I added information (it was either phone number or address) it became unverified again.

6. No more ways to verify, support gone cold: Now, the status says, 'No more ways to verify.' I responded to the Google Support thread twice, telling them this.

Question: Should I open a new support case?

Although I only opened one support case, looking back over the emails, I see 3 separate case numbers in the subject lines. This started on 2/7 and today is 3/25.

Thank you.

I recommend starting a thread on the GBP community forum and asking a PE to help Sign in - Google Accounts

Typically the best way to solve this is to work with the support team in the original email thread that was started when you contacted them, but if they are not responding to that the forum may be able to help. If no one answers you on there, you can DM me the thread and I will take a look.

I recommend starting a thread on the GBP community forum and asking a PE to help Sign in - Google Accounts

Typically the best way to solve this is to work with the support team in the original email thread that was started when you contacted them, but if they are not responding to that the forum may be able to help. If no one answers you on there, you can DM me the thread and I will take a look.

Thank you! The day I posted this I got a generic response from Google just saying they are working on it. I'll wait a bit longer, just in case. Otherwise I'll follow your advice to head over to the community forum. I appreciate the feedback.

Hi, did you end up fixing your issue? we find ourselves in the same situation.

Since I got no more response on my original support ticket with Google, I opened a new support ticket. I got a reply within a day on this new ticket and our profile status changed.

It still says verification is required, but it now has one option to verify: a live video call. This is different than the previous video verification (which was not live.)

Since this is a practitioner listing, we are waiting until the practitioner is available for the live call. They've been on vacation. I'll try to update it here once the client has done the live video call.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom