More threads by vtrjavier

vtrjavier

Reaction score
Hello friends.
I think this question is basic but it would help me a lot to read your answers.

I have a "Pigeon control+city" service. Both the file and the site bear the name.

It ranks in 8th place with the keyword points out and some internal pages related to the stool cleaning and mesh installation service. But if people search for "Pigeon removal + city" or bird control + city" the site almost does not appear in the rankings.

My question is how I could achieve positions for those queries. How to modify the content to achieve this? Greetings

Hi @vtrjavier! I'm unsure if you are trying to target multiple cities or just your primary city, or both.

If you are trying to rank for multiple cities, I'd suggest watching this free course by @Claire Carlile. From a semantics point of view, there are a couple of different terms used for individual pages for specific cities/towns. Location Pages are typically associated with a unique GBP location, while the term "city pages" or "local landing pages" may not be tied to a GBP. In any case, pretty much the same "content" logic applies. You want to have relevant content for each of the city pages you are wanting to target. I would not suggest copying and pasting the same content to multiple local city pages. I'd try to slightly reword each page to be unique as possible.

We've had great success with numerous clients getting top SERPs for "search phrase CITY" with well written and relevant local city pages.

If you are trying to rank specific services, I'd also suggest reading these two recent articles by @ElizabethRule:

For each of your services you may need a unique page of rich content for each service. As an example using the info you shared, you probably want a unique page for "pigeon removal services - city" and another page for "pigeon stool cleaning in city" and possibly another page for "pigeon control services in city". Again, I don't have enough info about your services and your competition, so one page with great info about all your services may suffice.

Hi @vtrjavier! I'm unsure if you are trying to target multiple cities or just your primary city, or both.

If you are trying to rank for multiple cities, I'd suggest watching this free course by @Claire Carlile. From a semantics point of view, there are a couple of different terms used for individual pages for specific cities/towns. Location Pages are typically associated with a unique GBP location, while the term "city pages" or "local landing pages" may not be tied to a GBP. In any case, pretty much the same "content" logic applies. You want to have relevant content for each of the city pages you are wanting to target. I would not suggest copying and pasting the same content to multiple local city pages. I'd try to slightly reword each page to be unique as possible.

We've had great success with numerous clients getting top SERPs for "search phrase CITY" with well written and relevant local city pages.

If you are trying to rank specific services, I'd also suggest reading these two recent articles by @ElizabethRule:

For each of your services you may need a unique page of rich content for each service. As an example using the info you shared, you probably want a unique page for "pigeon removal services - city" and another page for "pigeon stool cleaning in city" and possibly another page for "pigeon control services in city". Again, I don't have enough info about your services and your competition, so one page with great info about all your services may suffice.

Thanks for sharing the course @JeffClevelandTN - much appreciated 😊

Thanks for sharing the course @JeffClevelandTN - much appreciated 😊

Those videos don't play properly which is heartbreaking because I would love to watch all the content there. ♥

O.P. Reverse engineering the people who rank above you is one very effective way to inch up. If they have lists, combine them, and add to them. If they have articles, combine them and make them more comprehensive, etc. Cheers.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom