More threads by SeoSaur

SeoSaur

Reaction score
So this might be more a general GBP ranking puzzle, but I'm noticing more and more that Google Business profiles with lower ratings and fewer reviews are ranking above my client in GBP for the keyword "electrician" and "electrician near me". The only benefit these companies have is being closer in proximity to the center of the city. My client is located further to the west but still has a postal code and address name in the city. Is there any way to improve local ranking radius for a very prominent company?

Last I saw someone ask about it, the consensus was that google like to churn thing a little from time to time. These profiles do not typically remain there long term.

I'm not sure if this aprticular churn would be associated with the ongoing core update. Core updates typically affect local results in an indirect way i.e. by altering keyword interpretation. But last spring's update brought clear alteration to the Local algorithm, as documented by Sterling Sky.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom