Reviews not showing up from Facebook? Does FB filter reviews?

HoosierBuff

Hi All,
I'm having an issue where I am using a review generation tool, and when my client went to leave a review on FB, the review did not show up. Everyone is aware of the filters on Yelp and Google, but, does FB filter suspicious reviews? This is the first I have heard of it (though, honestly, I so rarely hear anyone concerned about FB reviews).

What other reasons would cause the FB review not to show up?

Jac

Could you private message me the link to reviews page/fb link .

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Hey @HoosierBuff

I'm not aware of a review filter for Facebook. Does this business have other reviews showing? It's possible that they have the ratings option turned off...

pauieee

Hi, I don't know if it helps, but I noticed that sometimes Facebook reviews show up the next day. I don't know if it's just me or what. I'm talking about new reviews.

Reactions: Jac

Eric Rohrback

When logged into the page, do you see the recommendation/review at all? Where does it appear?

HoosierBuff

I think I'm on to something here:

1. I sent a review request via SMS
2. I clicked thru, and it asked me to login to FB (safari), but, I clicked on the option to go to the FB app
3. I logged in to the FB app, and interestingly, it offers the 1 to 5 star interface, not the recommendation that you see on the desktop
4. I left a review, it does not appear (however, when I did this same excercise yesterday and logged into safari, it did ask for a recommendation, and it did post my review).

So, I'm wondering if this is an issue with the FB app.

It sounds to me that the review generation tool is deep linking to the old pre ratings URL.

Try saving/updating your Facebook profile in the software and see if that helps. If it doesn’t reach out to your platform provider for a fix.

Jac

It sounds to me that the review generation tool is deep linking to the old pre ratings URL.

Try saving/updating your Facebook profile in the software and see if that helps. If it doesn’t reach out to your platform provider for a fix.

TRUE

Review system is changed recently. I can confirm it.

HoosierBuff

I have updated the URL, and maybe that will fix it. I will try (odd, because it worked fine for me, but, it did not work for my client).

WEIRDER: the FB recommendations were coming through as FB visitor posts. . . which I totally thought was user error, but, I watched them do it, and it was not.

I will post back when I hear if this worked.

• Wow

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group