More threads by morganbloom

morganbloom

Reaction score
Hi everyone I need some guidance... one of our clients had to fire an employee a few days ago and he got his girlfriend to go and leave a 1 star review bashing the company and spreading false information about the other employees.

Since it's not the actual ex-employee (but his GF) leaving the review does it still constitute a conflict of interest? Does anyone have advice for what to do?

Thanks!!

Solution
I ran into the same situation for one of my restaurant clients and flagged it for review, using conflict of interest for the reason. Even with additional information, and supporting screenshots, Google found the review legit and dismissed the dispute.

The best thing you can do is respond to the review in a non combative tone, and asking them to contact you via email or phone. Legal action can also persuade people to take down their review as well.
I ran into the same situation for one of my restaurant clients and flagged it for review, using conflict of interest for the reason. Even with additional information, and supporting screenshots, Google found the review legit and dismissed the dispute.

The best thing you can do is respond to the review in a non combative tone, and asking them to contact you via email or phone. Legal action can also persuade people to take down their review as well.

Solution
Depending on what the review mentions about other employees, it might violate Google's terms. Review the terms carefully to see if you can get it removed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom