Service Business and Verified G+ Business Page

sammythebull

Forum Member
so what do you do in this situation

Hi Forum

We have a business that services people at there home

We have 2 Google profiles.

One profile has all our reviews and this sits on my personal account.This account has a google places verified listing. Italso has a google+ business page that has not yet been verified.

https://plus.google.com/<wbr>101940183754312568623/about?<wbr>hl=en%20

The other account is has a verified Google+ business page and hosts some of our blogs and has some communities.

https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/<wbr>104285430991064845164/<wbr>104285430991064845164/posts

My question is, which account should i be uploading videos to so i can link them back to our website?

Which account should we be using for google.

Should i verify the Google+ account under our main account with reviews? I read somewhere, that if you have a business that services people at there address,you should not link the Google+ account with the places account. Is this true?

what should i do???

Last edited by a moderator:

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Administrator
Re: Service Area Business DELETED - Google+ Local Support Saga Proves My Points

My question is, which account should i be uploading videos to so i can link them back to our website?

Sorry, only have time to answer your first question.

The video feature in Google Places/G+ Local is disabled and the vids don't show live. So you want to upload them to your G+ Business page.

Linda Buquet

Should i verify the Google+ account under our main account with reviews? I read somewhere, that if you have a business that services people at there address,you should not link the Google+ account with the places account. Is this true?

what should i do???
Colan is right on the Q above the Place page or G+ Local does not support video.

And you are correct YOU CAN'T verify G+ now. They will suspend of delete you if you do.

sammythebull

Forum Member

So moving forward, would you suggest having a unverified Google+ listing,under the google places SAB so you unify your business info. or we do you send people to view your social updates etc. I hope i made sense

Linda Buquet

No way to build community on a Place page. All that page has is reviews.

G+ Business page is the only place to build community because it has posts and circles.

Or maybe I didn't understand your Q?

Linda Buquet

So sorry but I am totally booked and only do consulting for other consultants and marketing agencies. My main computer just died so I'm even more booked than usual trying to get new computer set up so I can catch up with my existing clients.

Email me, in subject give me your user name here at the forum and link to this thread so I don't have to find it. And I'll refer you to one of the consultants I've trained and refer out to.

sammythebull

Forum Member
subject: Google places and Google+ and moving forward

user name: sammythebull

link to this thread:
http://localsearchforum.catalystemarketing.com/google-places-help-support/3264-service-business-verified-g-business-page.html#post11361

Thanks

Linda Buquet

No sorry I said you need to email that info to me and I was rushed and forgot to even give you my email but I still can't get it working due to PC crash. I'm just really crippled up right now. You could email me at Gmail but it may take a couple days to get back to you because I'm buried trying to get everything working again.

Email catalystemarketing AT gmail DOT com

laurie

Inactive
so what do you do in this situation
<wbr>

what should i do???
Ok, is that the situation that should not verify the G+ page? If you service people at their homes? So, if your business provides a service (such as dog boarding) where people come to you, is it ok to verify the places and create a G+ page?

Linda Buquet

Hi Laurie,

Well... dog boarding I believe customers come to YOU because you board their dogs at YOUR location. You have kennels?

So let's use clearer example dog walker or plumber. Your office is your home. You do all work on site.

Verify Google+ Local (Place page) and hide address in the dashboard setting.

As far as Google+ Business page (with category set to "Local Business", yes technically you should be able to set one up and keep it separate for now. Just DON'T VERIFY it. (that would merge the 2).

However there is a bug/problem or just bad messaging on G+ Business pages right now. And some are getting this weird catch 22 where is says they CAN'T edit or change their G+ page UNLESS they verify. So it's like it's forcing you to verify even if you do not qualify to.

SOOOOO my recommendation. If you were gung ho on social, you would have set this all up long ago! So if don't already have social set up by now, that implies to me you are NOT really that into social! Just wait a little longer til the bugs get worked out. Just stay with the G+ Local page, the one that ranks and has your reviews.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group