More threads by omer

omer

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm trying to create Structured Data Markup with google markup helper. but it seems like im having a problem with the opening and closing time. im getting "the tag does not appear to be a opening time" Error.
My webmaster said everything looks ok with the code. So any suggestion from you guys?

Screensh.jpg

Screensh.jpg

Can you paste the HTML snippet? The screenshot doesn't actually have the code.

inline schema is a little bit deprecated at this point anyway. It's much harder to maintain, JSON-LD lets you have the schema all in one place, and it's the suggested standard by Google. The line you're looking for if you decide to switch to JSON is this:

"openingHours": "Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa,Su 08:00-17:00"

Whitespark has a good guide on JSON-LD if you decide to go that route.

I'd be happy to take a look at your inline code if you'd like to share that instead.

Oh, I understand. I actually haven't used Google's Markup Helper before. If no one else on this forum knows the answer to your question, you should ask your question in Google's official webmaster central help forum, since it looks like the schema helper is part of Google's Search Console.

If this is your own business, and you're never going to need to get your hands dirty making schema again, then it doesn't really matter how you do it. If you're going to be doing this again though, it's worth the 10 minutes figuring out how to use JSON-LD instead, it'll be a lot faster for you than the data markup helper. It's not too hard to do even if you don't have any coding experience, the one thing you need to watch out for is the quotation marks and the commas. Make sure you use the schema testing tool when you're done to make sure it works. If you do it right, you'll get 1 error (image field requires a value) and 1 warning (price range requires a value). You can ignore both of those.

You need to enter data in the correct format if you want to use that tool (ISO 8601) - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/webmasters/cHPLENSMxEg

You're better off just writing the JSON version yourself/manually entering it into the code you're adding. That tool is helpful, but what you're trying to accomplish can easily be done on your own. Don't spend too much time playing with the markup helper, just add those lines in yourself once it spits out the correct code for the rest of the page.

HI Eric
i tried to change it but still no luck.

Anyway i decided to go with json-ld and i created a new code. I tested it and it looks good.

But now i have a new question.

If i have few locations so i need to do the same thing to each page location and then to upload the code to each page location?

Yes, that's correct. Create a different schema block for each location, and put each block on the respective location's home page.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom