More threads by JS Girard

JS Girard

Solutions
Reaction score
We have a client in Longueuil, Quebec who wants to create a GBP with a 1-800 number registered to the US. We have validated GBPs before with 1-800 numbers. In the GBP validation the number is registered to the US.

Untitled.png

Is there anything else we can do or should we just skip to the Video validation (which in our experience will be required anyway) despite the insistence of the client to avoid it?

You will have to do whatever verification method Google gives to verify this new listing. I don't understand the issue though, ill the 800 number not work for verification for some reason?

You will have to do whatever verification method Google gives to verify this new listing. I don't understand the issue though, ill the 800 number not work for verification for some reason?
We're not sure. All we really know is the client is not getting the text/phone messages. We have verified GBPs with 1-800 number via text message/phone verification before. However, this particular number is for a Canadian GBP, but is registered to the United States according to Google, which is what we suspect is the problem here.

Oh I don't think that will be a problem. As long as you can answer the phone when Google calls you will be good!

Oh ok - in that case you need to contact Google support via the help form and request a manual verification.

Note: They will ask you for support documents to prove you are located and doing business at the address you are trying to verify. So have those prepared including signage photos, utility bills, BBB listing etc.

Or if video verification is an option youll have to try that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom