More threads by Barb Davids

Barb Davids

Reaction score
Hi all!

I've been manually tracking post views. They seem to be all over the place. Some are going up, some are going up and down.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 3.18.18 PM.jpg

I would expect for some to go up over time as people may scroll through the posts, but why would they go down?

Does Google "adjust" that much?

Appreciate any insights you might have.

Cheers!
Barb

Hi Barb,

I'm not much help here other than to say I don't pay much attention to views. What I prefer is using UTM parameters and tracking actual clicks to the website.

Hi Barb. I find the number of views and clicks on posts to be mostly insignificant. The real impact is on Discovery Search impressions. We have done some A/B testing and see a significant rise in Discovery Search impressions in the week of the post. Feel free to reach out (michel@analytics.co.uk) happy to show you how I did that.

Hi Barb,

I'm not much help here other than to say I don't pay much attention to views. What I prefer is using UTM parameters and tracking actual clicks to the website.

I agree, the GMB post stats are very inaccurate (especially when views are < 100) and should not be relied upon.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom