More threads by romora

romora

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right channel for sharing this (please let me know if it’s not), but I need some help to figure out a particular situation. We add a UTM code to the website URL of our clients in their Google Business Profile to attribute that traffic to organic search. The UTM code has remained intact in the profile. However, suddenly in February, and part of March, we noticed an unusual dip in traffic, starting on February 3rd and recovering by March 11th, specifically from this UTM code. Have you seen something similar on your end? I am trying to figure out what could have caused this.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 10.15.58.jpg

When it comes to GSC data you can see the drop as if we weren't receiving any clicks from the URL with the UTM, but then the clicks coming from the URL without the UTM increase and drop in the same period, leading to think that definitely, something happens that stops tracking the UTM code (below the screenshots of GSC). I was expecting to see something similar on GA4 like an increase in Direct, unassigned, or referral traffic in that period, but those metrics remained stable.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 11.26.32.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 11.26.57.jpg

Any insights would be appreciated! Cheers!

HI Rolando, were you able to get the insight you needed over at Noah's Slack group?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom