More threads by Marcin Karwowski

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

Have you noticed an increasing percentage of verification is video verification? Has google completely changed this method as the default?

Even if the original verification method was a call/sms, then we often get a postcard as a second method (but there is no place to enter the code and video verification appears in its place) or instead of a postcard as a second method we immediately get video verification?

This is a big problem in the agency's work with clients (agency account).
Have you noticed a similar trend or have your own observations on this topic?

Solution
Hi,

Have you noticed an increasing percentage of verification is video verification? Has google completely changed this method as the default?

Even if the original verification method was a call/sms, then we often get a postcard as a second method (but there is no place to enter the code and video verification appears in its place) or instead of a postcard as a second method we immediately get video verification?

last 9-10 months they are pushing video verifications more and more. I can't say that more with SABs or storefronts... i saw a lot for both but for SABs it's a huge...
Hi,

last 9-10 months they are pushing video verifications more and more. I can't say that more with SABs or storefronts... i saw a lot for both but for SABs it's a huge challenge. The SAB owner needs to take tons of diff stuff in consideration before trying to do a video verification and put it in a short video of up to 30 secs...

Solution
last 9-10 months they are pushing video verifications more and more. I can't say that more with SABs or storefronts... i saw a lot for both but for SABs it's a huge challenge. The SAB owner needs to take tons of diff stuff in consideration before trying to do a video verification and put it in a short video of up to 30 secs...

Exactly, this is the biggest challenge for SAB.

As far as I remember, google says that the video should not last less than 30 seconds, the optimal time is 1-2 minutes. Videos longer than 5 minutes are not accepted.

Exactly, this is the biggest challenge for SAB.

As far as I remember, google says that the video should not last less than 30 seconds, the optimal time is 1-2 minutes. Videos longer than 5 minutes are not accepted.

right, but, most of the time you won't be able to upload a video that is longer than 30 seconds lol. That is what I saw a lot of times...

right, but, most of the time you won't be able to upload a video that is longer than 30 seconds lol. That is what I saw a lot of times...

I agree with you, for a very long time it was impossible to upload any recording or it was getting an error every time. Over the past few days, we've been able to send these recordings, but it's not our favorite method of verification 😉

Its...horrendous. There's got to be an easier way. Just did one last night. Not...fun. Have to reshoot a 60 second one about 8 times. And if it weren't for the fact they hired a "local seo" this for all intents and purposes would never have gotten done. Apple is almost as bad asking for business documentation with the name of the restaurant on the document ie. utility bill which almost all of my clients don't have - its in their birth name or LLC name etc. lol. Its almost as if..and I'm sure I'm wrong, but its almost as if the people creating these verification methods have almost zero idea of how small, local businesses run. I'm sure that's not true though

We've been having the same issue , it asks for video for both service area businesses and store front but it is much harder for SABs. I dont think i've had any video for SABs been accepted up to now, or it will just ask the client to make another one. We have some clients retaking the video 10 times and it still dosn't work.

we re-shot it a couple times and then it finally took one about 60-90 seconds long or so. good thing is the listing was ours later that night. maybe sooner. but it was quick. just get the video up - they have like 3 major things you need to catch which is also weird. neighboring businesses, proof of address, nearby street signs, opening the locked door of the restaurant w/ a key lol, showing the inside of the business and its "machinery" etc, and maybe someone working the POS system - no, you don't get to choose one of those. all of those lol. Most business owners will tell you to get out of here w/ that list of necessities for a video. they don't have time. They're trying to put out fires. it takes a pretty Herculean or suave sales job to get them to buy into it, at which point they abide, but confusingly so.

1688026527385.jpg

This makes sense.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom