More threads by GBP user 0230759

Reaction score
When I claim a profile, that has a rating of 3.7 and 1,155 reviews, it appears in the profile management tool but when i click on it the reviews and information and photos disappear. all that's left is the location, name and address.

It's not the first time this has happened.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance !

can you share screenshots of what you are seeing? Not sure I understand exactly what is happening.

Here is an screenshot of my GBP manager

1712061026691.jpg
Here is an image of the profile i own after clicking on "see your profile"

1712060986722.jpg

Here is an image of the profile i claimed on Gmap
1712061152014.jpg

You can see that normally the profile has a 3.7 rate and 370 reviews. But after google approved my claim the stars and reviews disapear. you can see on the 2nd screenshot that the profile has 4 view and i'm sure that it has more normally.

if I try to reclaim the same profile google approve it but in the GBP manager tool it's says that the profile is a duplicate

Last edited:
It's a known fact that a newly validated profiles has a limit on new owner images being displayed. I wonder if that affects somehow the user-generated images?

Also, discrepancies between the panel and the actual profiles are common due to caching issues. (i.e. name change is accepted, but it's only visible when you click on Maps.)

if I try to reclaim the same profile google approve it but in the GBP manager tool it's says that the profile is a duplicate

The discrepancy then is likely related to the profile being duplicate. Did Google mark the profile WITH reviews as duplicate, or the profile without reviews? Either way, once a profile is marked duplicate Google starts a merge process where the profiles will be merged, and all the reviews SHOULD populate onto the live profile (one not marked duplicate). If that does not happen, you need to contact support and ask them to move the reviews to the live profile.

see more on duplicate listings here Help! My Listing was Flagged as a Duplicate - Sterling Sky Inc

The discrepancy then is likely related to the profile being duplicate. Did Google mark the profile WITH reviews as duplicate, or the profile without reviews? Either way, once a profile is marked duplicate Google starts a merge process where the profiles will be merged, and all the reviews SHOULD populate onto the live profile (one not marked duplicate). If that does not happen, you need to contact support and ask them to move the reviews to the live profile.

see more on duplicate listings here Help! My Listing was Flagged as a Duplicate - Sterling Sky Inc

It depends, both case happen, thanks for the anwser but i think there is no solution. I need to contact them.

It's a known fact that a newly validated profiles has a limit on new owner images being displayed. I wonder if that affects somehow the user-generated images?

Also, discrepancies between the panel and the actual profiles are common due to caching issues. (i.e. name change is accepted, but it's only visible when you click on Maps.)

Good point, but several days after, the problem is still there, and most of all, google say that the profile has no interaction altough i know the original have some.

1712217056235.jpg

Sounds like what they mean is that they are trying to add the GBP to their account again and getting an error message because they already have the access?

Possibly, they have 2 businesses with similar names at the same address in their account, according to the screenshot they sent. However, neither was marked duplicate in that screenshot, but I suspect one was marked duplicate after they posted?

Possibly, they have 2 businesses with similar names at the same address in their account, according to the screenshot they sent. However, neither was marked duplicate in that screenshot, but I suspect one was marked duplicate after they posted?

That is possible, but then, they should not be be able to try and ask for access because the dupe would no longer exist in Maps.

I think we need more screenshots so we can see the EXACT maneuver being attempted and the error messages being shown. Right now it seems like there are too many misunderstandings/miscommunications possible.

Here is antoher exemple of the issue.

exemle duplicata aix version google.jpg

exemple duplicata verison Gmap.jpg

Here is the full version of my anwser, I wanted to edit it but i took too much time (more than 15 min) and i cannot edit it anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another example of the issue.

(I work in France, maybe it has an impact)

As you can see, I want to manage and own the GBP "Aix-en-Provence TGV".

The Gmap screenshot represents the view of anybody who has an interest in the GBP I desire. (it's also my view)

In red: the name of the GBP.

In yellow: the number of interactions of internet users.

In blue: as you can see, I cannot manage it, and I am not the owner.
exemple duplicata verison Gmap.jpg

I've claimed this business profile.

I claimed it by making a modification, after which I waited for the thank you email from Google. This email has a button to claim the business.

I use this method when there is no direct button to claim. It's working very well on others of my business, but sometimes there is a problem.

Google gave me the right, but when I access the profile from my GBP management tool (the Google one) by clicking on one of the buttons below, it is not the same profile:
View attachment 10290
This screenshot represents the view I have of the profile after clicking on "see your profile".

In Red: you can see the name ()

In Yellow: the amount of interactions with internet users.

In Blue: you can see that I own and manage the profile.
exemle duplicata aix version google.jpg

Before I claim the profile, it has 1268 reviews, for a star rating of 3.4, some datas (like the website link, etc.), and a certain amount of pictures.

The address is different, maybe because to initiate the claim process I've suggested a new address.

If I try to claim the profile one more time, Google gives me access to it but with the same issue and it creates a duplicate in my Google manager tool.

Although this is one example among others, it happened multiple times.

Here is the link to the profile: Aix-en-Provence TGV · 13290 Aix-en-Provence, France.

Nothing has changed in the original profile.

Thank you in advance. If you need more information to well understand the issue, ask me.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom