Which Hosting Company do you guys recommend please?

mikepcservice

Godaddy has gotten way too expensive now at over $200 per year for just one service website. I am seeking other option which provides stability, security [hacking and virus scanning and prevention], daily backups and SSL and top notch customer service. Any recommendations please?

mikepcservice

Thanks Colan but I am not sure why you referred me to that site? Seems to be they provide SEO services as I do and all I am seeking is a good Hosting company other than godaddy which meets the requirements mentioned in my OP.

mikepcservice

Thanks. They are even much more expensive than GD but offers some good services. I will discuss with the client if they can pay that much.

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Depends on what type of hosting you want (shared, VPS, dedicated) and whether the location of the servers is important for you. I have clients on Hostgator and Siteground shared plans and they seem to be stable with decent support. The features you list should be offered by any reputable host but sadly often aren't.

Susan

If you are looking for a great wp managed platform - we love siteground.com - they are awesome and have amazing support. They have a deal now for $3.95 per month - if you lock in for a year or more. Good luck!

mikepcservice

I had issues with Namecheap, site ground and Hostwinds with my own sites last year with hacking and virus issues so I will not use them for any client. Hostgator does offer any security features.

Maybe I can try this one which offers malware protection at least?

Not seeing backups being offered though

Last edited:

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
So I will explain why, for me, the choice is WPEngine.

We host and manage all of our clients' websites on WPEngine, where we have a dedicated server. If a client isn't ok with that, then our agency is not a good fit for them.

Well, WPEngine is not the cheapest, not by far. But you know what? They do everything we need in a hosting vendor partner.
  • They provide nearly perfect uptime, they provide excellent support, both by chat AND by phone, 24x7.
  • They take care of all the fidgety details that I don't want to spend time on, like security, caching, CDNs, staging servers, and more. And they do them VERY well.
  • The main thing is, they are like dial tone.

What? Dial tone?

Remember back to the days of landline phones: we had dial tone. It meant that the phone was there, ready to work, without failing, without any doubt about whether it would work, without you having to supervise it, or manage it, or fiddle with it to keep it going.

It just worked. Period. So that you could focus on other things.

That's what WPEngine means to our agency. We can count on them to always work and to manage themselves. We can focus on other things.

See?

Mark W

I did LOT of research for webhosting a few years back and decided on wpxhosting.com

I'm going to recommend them because they have fast servers, free SSL, free CDN, free site migration, DDOS protection, and more.

I have never had a single problem with six different sites in the last four years and they have superb customer service.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group