More threads by LauraUK

LauraUK

Reaction score
Hi guys

Hoping for some direction.

I have a friend who has a verified GBP that she's experiencing issues with - Lucy Jane Photography · 17 Hillside Rd, Warrington WA4 5PX, United Kingdom
She has recently (on the advice of Google support) created this listing. She had another listing which Google were going to merge with this new one, bringing the reviews over but this hasn't worked.

Anyway, she has started reaching back out to those clients that had previously provided a review on the old GBP to now do it on the new.
The issue that she has with this new listing is that the majority of these new reviews aren't being published publicly; she thinks 2 out of 5 have. The reviewers can see in their Google Accounts that they've given the review but it's not showing on the GBP listing. The listing is also not showing a Map Pin and she doesn't rank at all for any indirect keywords. You can only see her business when doing a direct search.

Finally, she is a SAB but is showing her address, I'm wondering if this is why she's experiencing these visibility issues. Surprisingly, she went through the verification process with Google by providing a video (not showing any signage) etc and has raised tickets with Google where they could have told her to remove her address but haven't.

Any thoughts on the most likely cause of this limited visibility would be helpful in deciding next steps.

Thank you : )

Solution
HI Laura,

Sounds like bad advice, although it's fairly typical for support to suggest that.

Is this the original listing? Lucy Jane Photography · The Haven, Hythe CT21 4PJ, United Kingdom

I would work with support to have them merged. Make sure to tell them which one you want to be the main listing so that the other one gets merged into it.

If support isn't helpful I would post over at the official GBP Forum, provide all the details, including your support case ID.
HI Laura,

Sounds like bad advice, although it's fairly typical for support to suggest that.

Is this the original listing? Lucy Jane Photography · The Haven, Hythe CT21 4PJ, United Kingdom

I would work with support to have them merged. Make sure to tell them which one you want to be the main listing so that the other one gets merged into it.

If support isn't helpful I would post over at the official GBP Forum, provide all the details, including your support case ID.

Solution
HI Laura,

Thanks Colan much appreciated

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom