More threads by Digitaldar

Reaction score
I have a client who's category in Google Business Profile is considered Acupuncture according to BrightLocal. I changed the order of categories so that would not be primary and it still was considered acupuncture. I removed acupuncture as a category and a week later, BrightLocal still reports this as the main category! I don't know what to do here... maybe rearrange the existing categories... anyone experience this?
Thank you!

Are you seeing the correct primary category when you look on Google? Is it just being reported incorrectly in BrightLocal?

It is only being reported incorrectly in BrightLocal - The GBP displayed on Google as the correct primary. I also noticed that BL has incorrect business hours! I notified BL, pulled the info that I need and will walk away from this now. At least I know where the error is coming from and it's not "real" :)

It is only being reported incorrectly in BrightLocal - The GBP displayed on Google as the correct primary. I also noticed that BL has incorrect business hours! I notified BL, pulled the info that I need and will walk away from this now. At least I know where the error is coming from and it's not "real" :)

Hey @Digitaldar, Jenny from BrightLocal here. If you're ever experiencing something like this, where you're seeing incorrect info pulled in, the best thing to do is to contact our support team directly as they can look into your account and fix any potential issues. Is everything working correctly now?

Hey @Digitaldar, Jenny from BrightLocal here. If you're ever experiencing something like this, where you're seeing incorrect info pulled in, the best thing to do is to contact our support team directly as they can look into your account and fix any potential issues. Is everything working correctly now?

Thanks for the reply Jenny. I did contact support and received confirmation but have not heard back since. It’s not going to change what we need to do to improve results though :—)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom