Yelp's "Best 10" lists?

j_holtslander

Can anyone tell me more about how Yelp generates their numerous "Best 10 ______s in _______" pages?
They all include paid advertisers at the top of the pages. Is that all it takes for the page to be generated?
What paid option in Yelp results in this?

Trying to find more info on "Yelp's Top 10"s on Google is an exercise in futility.

adammaxum

ditto colan

reviews on yelp influencer you're rankings within yelp...

you can also rank your own yelp listing for keywords and your brand name with link building strategies but that's more advanced.

if you're asking how yelp creates the pages themselves...they just take businesses that are listed on yelp and create these top 10 pages to dominant the search results...using their website authority, it helps all these top 10 pages rank for keywords in each of the markets you see them in.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
you can also rank your own yelp listing for keywords and your brand name with link building strategies but that's more advanced.
You're referring to ranking on Google right? I just wanted to clarify if having links to your Yelp page helps it rank better in Yelp's search results and top 10 pages.

adammaxum

Hey Joy,

I was referring to within the Google search results. I've never heard of Yelp basing rankings on outside factors, but I wouldn't know for sure.

AFAIK these pages are purely an SEO play on Yelp's part. Isn't it just their standard algorithm with 'Best' in the Title?

JimFranco

I rank number 1 for my cleaning business in my town while there are big competitors underneath me. I have like only 2 reviews. I did build some backlinks to my yelp profile and has been on there for many years.

Maybe age or backlinks help ? I know I do not have reviews really that are not filtered out.