More threads by Garrett Sussman

Reaction score
how to get a meeting.jpg

How To Get a Meeting With the Head Honcho To Pitch Services

If you need to reach decision makers, you’ll need to know how to get a meeting first. If you’re an experienced seller, you know how tough this is.

Decision makers instruct gatekeepers to screen salespeople out. Busy executives do everything they can to avoid them. Culturally, they're viewed as a manipulative nuisance, the kind of distraction customers steer clear of.

We all know why.

There's a variety of reasons, but they all boil down to one thing. Salespeople are viewed as inherently selfish. In the minds of most customers, they're focused on taking rather than giving.

Andrew goes on to explain 3 actionable steps for getting a meeting with the key decision maker at your prospect's organization.

Read the rest of Andrew's post here.

What are some of your tactics to get to the decision maker when pitching services?

LSF_CTA.png

LSF_CTA.png

how to get a meeting.jpg

Such great advice from Andrew! I sure like the way he lays it all out there!

One free super easy "give" or door opener you could lead with is Google's "Small Thanks". I keep meaning to do a post about this. I should explain to you guys and have Andrew write it! :)

Thank you, Linda!

I love that Google "Small Thanks" tool for showcasing great reviews in a well designed poster.

Well in a quick nutshell...

The door opener could be: I'd like to show you and staff a free way to create amazing posters, post cards, videos that would showcase some of those great reviews I know you must have worked really hard to get. This is a free service directly from Google that most businesses don't know about and I'll be showing you, at no charge ways you could leverage this for your company's benefit.

In the email show a few examples of creative you've made for other businesses and explain, once they know how, it would only take staff a couple minutes to create one. You'll even create the 1st one for them to show how easy it is.

Would take you less than 5 minutes to create a few examples which you could use to email to multiple prospects.

See if that's enough for Andrew to run with for an article. Just make some good examples and explain a couple different tactics.

Especially appropriate as a way to get your foot in the door to sell ORMM services.

I wasn't aware of the Small Thanks feature until this thread. Thanks for that, Garrett! :)

Sadly, it's US only at the moment. Not available in Canada.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom