More threads by jrseaman

jrseaman

Reaction score
I'm trying to get "provides: dryer vent cleaning" on my client's listing.

We have reviews with dryer vent cleaning, the website link goes to a page that talks about dryer vent cleaning, and dryer vent cleaning is in the service list, but Maps refuses to add "provides". What am I missing?

Thank you ahead of time for your feedback!

1693943465851.jpg

@Colan Nielsen for the sake of discussion and hearing your insight, from our experience, one can still trigger "Provides" keywords while leaving "onsite services" as yes. Of course, yes it may decrease your chances of the "Provides" showing up (which may be reason enough alone).
But, wouldn't it be better to first start with making sure:
1) The services are actually published (we've seen issues arise when any service edits are pending)
2) All desired services have custom written descriptions (abiding by Google's guidelines)
3) Make sure you actually have quality content on your site for that service.
I'd try that first personally then see if the "Provides" is being triggered.
@Colan Nielsen is there another reason you prefer defaulting to disabling onsite services that I might not be considering?

Example below as proof that Provides justification can be triggered even with onsite services available enabled:
enabled.png

services.jpg

3) Make sure you actually have quality content on your site for that service.
That is irrelevant for service justifications. Text on the website is a wholly different justification type (though not one I see a lot of recently...)

Service justifications can be wildly off mark too, here's one in French where the searched text and the justification share not a single word between them. They're not even in the same language:
1695930808512.jpg

@ibweb those are really good considerations. And you are right about the justifications still be able to trigger if you have those attributes selected. The justifications can change based on the keyword searched and some other factors such as searcher location. Our reason for simply removing the attributes that block them is because it gives us the best chance of the justifications showing for as many searches as possible.

@Colan Nielsen I figured that was the case (you were wanting to maximize the chances of the justifications appearing). Thanks for clarifying there wasn't additional reasoning that I wasn't thinking of. As always, we appreciate you taking your time to address my follow up questions.

@JS Girard I respectfully disagree. Having actual content on your website that corresponds with services listed on GBP is not irrelevant in my opinion. Two reasons for this in my opinion:
1) From what we've seen firsthand, we believe Google considers the text content on your website to partially figure out what services to auto suggest (assuming they fit within a category already selected on your GBP). Thus, having relevant, corresponding content will help trigger more auto suggested services.
2) More importantly, for the sake of your visitors, if you talk about a service within your GBP, you should have corresponding (ideally more in-depth content) on your website about the same service. Otherwise, you're not creating a helpful experience for the visitor.

@Colan Nielsen I figured that was the case (you were wanting to maximize the chances of the justifications appearing). Thanks for clarifying there wasn't additional reasoning that I wasn't thinking of. As always, we appreciate you taking your time to address my follow up questions.

@JS Girard I respectfully disagree. Having actual content on your website that corresponds with services listed on GBP is not irrelevant in my opinion. Two reasons for this in my opinion:
1) From what we've seen firsthand, we believe Google considers the text content on your website to partially figure out what services to auto suggest (assuming they fit within a category already selected on your GBP). Thus, having relevant, corresponding content will help trigger more auto suggested services.
2) More importantly, for the sake of your visitors, if you talk about a service within your GBP, you should have corresponding (ideally more in-depth content) on your website about the same service. Otherwise, you're not creating a helpful experience for the visitor.

I'm not saying it's irrelevant in general, I'm saying it's not as relevant to the specific desire of wanting a "provides" justification.

I'm not sure whether this has been resolved but it's very likely that you don't see the justification because you're logged in. Log out and you're going to increase the chance to display it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom