More threads by TriciaClements

Reaction score
I know Google requires some categories to have a physical address, but I wouldn't think Window Cleaning Service would be one of them, however I'm getting this error. The nature of the business is to clean the customer's windows at the customer's location.

Is there a list of which categories do and don't require an address so I can see if we should try to update categories?

Thanks!

Solution
Thank you @JoyHawkins

I've found other businesses that have "window cleaning service" as their primary category and they are a SAB. Due to the nature of the business, going to people's homes to clean windows, SAB makes sense for this specific category.

Is there a way to tell if this is some type of bug?

I'm working on a reinstatement and am not sure how to proceed. Since it won't let me clear the address, I'm wondering if I should submit the reinstatement and note this as a bug or update the category and if I do that, what category would I update it to? I read your article and it looks like Google has recommendations for the others where SAB isn't allowed.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

I would try filing for reinstatement and mention the bug

I submitted it, noted the bug and it's been reinstated, however, they did leave the address and didn't hide it.

So, this is a possible bug???

This specific business, although they were trying to hide their address, I do think they are ok showing it because it's their office with staff, they just prefer people not stop by.

Due to the issue with the profile, I've decided to leave the address alone and not inadvertently trigger anything else by messing with it.

There was another issue that I believe may have triggered the suspension - a specific email address previously used. I'm thinking the email address triggered the suspension and the bug prevented me from changing it to a SAB.

Thank you!

Honestly, I wouldn't hide the address anyway unless google demands you do so, because we're seeing really bad stuff happening when addresses are hidden recently.

Honestly, I wouldn't hide the address anyway unless google demands you do so, because we're seeing really bad stuff happening when addresses are hidden recently.

I agree, however it was a suspended profile and I thought that was the reason for the suspension.

The business still wants it hidden, but I've advised against it and explained why.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom