More threads by Luann

Luann

Reaction score
This is a new question I recently got from a client, and I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done.

They have a logging company and last year acquired a separate location where they sell mulch. The logging company is only open during the week, but the mulch location is seasonally open on Saturdays. They have customers that search for their business wanting mulch, the main logging profile comes up, and the customer thinks they are closed on Saturdays.

The client sent me info from another company that shows their multiple locations (labeled A,B,C) in search. They want to know how they can do that. Basically, they want both of their locations to show up when someone searches for their company. I found in the Google forum that the A,B,C comes from a bulk upload and verification of locations. So, I don't think we can get that distinction.
jm-delullo-stone.jpg

If I search "a.m. logging mulch" both of their locations show for me, but when I just search "a.m. logging" only their main (Millheim) profile shows.

am-logging-mulch.jpg

I tried explaining to them that the search results will vary depending on where the customer is searching, what terms they type in and their search history. The Lewisburg (mulch) location is also newer and only has one review, so the other main profile will likely rank higher and be more likely to show when just searching for the company name. I suggested getting more reviews for the mulch location, but other than that, I don't know what can be done.

Are there any suggestions or things we can do to get both locations to show when searching for the company?

You nailed it regarding the proximity to searcher and reviews. As the new listing build up reviews, authority etc, it will show more. But the proximity factor will make it so that the one that is closer to the customers location shows up for the most part unless they add something like "mulch" to the query.

You nailed it regarding the proximity to searcher and reviews. As the new listing build up reviews, authority etc, it will show more. But the proximity factor will make it so that the one that is closer to the customers location shows up for the most part unless they add something like "mulch" to the query.

Thank you Colan!

I figured that was about all we could do, but I needed someone to confirm that.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom