GradeUs banner  below header new
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Toronto, Ontario
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

    When To Report A Listing With This VS That

    What are the differences in these 3 similar but obviously different ways of reporting issues to Google:

    1. Troubleshooter -"The Business No Longer Exists"
    2. Report a Problem - "Place is permanently closed"
    3. Report a Problem - "Place does not exist or is private"

    Are these 3 reporting features designed to report distinctly different issues, or is there cross-over, so that, for example, all of the methods could be used to report the same thing.

    Hope that makes sense.

    Colan Nielsen l GMB Top Contributor
    Vice President, Local Search at Sterling Sky
    Connect on Google + and Twitter

  2. GradeUs in thread
  3. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    North Attleboro, MA
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)

    Re: When To Report A Listing With This VS That

    I'd say the main difference between the Troubleshooter (#1) and #2 is that Google knows that an issue brought up via the Troubleshooter is from the owner of a claimed listing. Otherwise, I'd say that the two overlap completely.

    My understanding of #3 is that you'd only use it to flag down a spam listing, or maybe to tell Google that you'd like your own listing suppressed (because of, say, privacy concerns).

    Good thread, Colan!

Similar Threads

  1. Where do we report incorrect information and duplicate listing?
    By Susan Walsh in forum Help & Support for Google Local
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Local Marketing Summit banner above footer new