More threads by Andrewjones

Andrewjones

Reaction score
Hi
I have a situation with 6 doctors and clinics all with same NAP.
(All share exactly ther same adress and post code.)
How do you get into 3 pack?
I have read both for and against adding in Suite #abc into our address to get a ranking.

Right now we are filtered and do not show up in the 3 pack (or 10 top local business spots), for any search term
Our GMB account is solid. Correct category etc.

What's your advice?
thanks
andrew

Do the doctors have different specialties? If so, I suggest making their categories different. If your goal is to make all 6 rank in the local results for the same keyword without getting filtered, I don't believe this is possible.

Hi Joy,
My client is the latecomer. All the other doctors are separate and not part of my clients clinic.
1 is a dentist and 1 is a physician. My client is a surgeon.
The only thing all 6 have in common is the exact Name address zip code
But my client is not in the top 10 local searches (map) when you search in his niche.
Even on zooming 3 or 4 times you still don't see him

His Google my business exists but it looks like he is filtered and I don't know how to fix this.|
If you've any suggestion on how to fix that would be great. Thanks

If none of the others are surgeons, it shouldn't be impacting him. If someone searches for "surgeons" on Google, your client could get filtered by listings for other surgeons at the same location (or near it). I'd look through the results and see if that is happening but it doesn't sound like it should be.

Some of them are surgeons, including a directory of surgeons
So I should change his primary category "surgeons" to something different?

Also if you search just the address
122 Marlborough road, my client is on page 2

Joy, Would it be possible to escalate it?
Its been like this for months now
I'd really appreciate that
thanks

Hey Andrew,

There isn't a way to escalate ranking issues to Google My Business. They can only fix issues with the listing (like if the address was wrong). The GMB department doesn't know anything about how ranking works.

If you have multiple listings that are all for surgeons, Google will pick the strongest (sometimes 2) and filter the rest. I'd suggest changing the ones you don't want to rank for surgeon keywords so that they aren't using that category.

So if i go for an associated word eg physician or medical practitioner or something similar, then the filtering will be automatically be removed?
I'd love to know how you might define strongest.

Hey Andrew,

The listing that has the most ranking authority for that particular keyword is the one that will rank. Because a listing is filtered for one keyword does not mean that it will be filtered for other keywords. The category is one thing that influences how Google decides this. Others would be things like links, reviews and content on the website.

I know a lot of this advice is pretty generic but it's not possible to get more specific without actually analyzing the examples. If you were looking for a company to help consult on this, I'd be happy to recommend one.

I did not realise 3 pack also depended on organic rankings. Thanks for the insight.
Only review we use are the ones in google my business. I take it the site itself also needs review on it

Yes, please recommend someone who can help me.
BTW thanks for all these insights.

Andrew,

Can you confirm what country the business is in?

We've got more reviews and a high percentage of 5 stars than most
Andrew there are so many other factors to consider. I like the BrightLocal tool for helping to bring this to light. For 5 keyword phrases, the tool will show you who comes up in each spot/rank and provide data on the following metrics (possibly more):
Domain Authority
Citations
Incoming Links
Reviews

My philosophy has always seen that if I don't dominate in ALL categories, I don't deserve to rank in #1 spot :) The good news is that rarely does the #1 spot dominate in ALL categories.

Do you have data on how your client compares to the top 3 spots for these categories of data?

Darlene

Hi Darlene,

Here is the data:

Site map positionRef domsIBLsGMB ReviewsAv reviewSocial profiles in GMBDR
#1961.36k344.4032
#274228254.5twitter24
#32917945.0023
us (outside top 20)2666.5k194.6twitter36

Only clue i have is my exact NAP address is shared with several other operators: 2 dentist, 1 surgeon directory site and 2 surgeons in same niche

maybe yo have a free resource that audits citations to sites?
I am not currently subscribed to one.
I appreciate any suggestions you might have
Andrew

Here is the data:

You may be right and that is not my expertise but I do see an opportunity for more reviews and I would consider the quality of those inbound links... are they spammy? It might be worth looking at links that competitors have and you do not (ahrefs) to see if there are some quality links that are missing.

How does the site perform organically outside of the local pack? Any indication that poor quality links are holding it back?

Are the bulk of links from the UK?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom