More threads by Mindquest

Reaction score
A client in the mental health area closed its doors and is now only doing teletherapy. Wanted to add "Teletherapy" to GMB name since they are prominent in maps. I know that restaurants are getting an exception to revise GMB names but any ide if they will relax that abit for other types of businesses.

Also what is the downside if we just move forward to add Teletherapy now.

I mean.. Google are pretty lackadasical about GMB names overall (maybe they are just always bombarded with too much to do and this is lower priority) so I wouldn't worry too much, worst case your name gets changed back to the original one. Plus att these times they are a hundred times more swamped and this will probably not be very high on the checklist..

Mental health will be a big concern during these times as well and the ability for people to find help will improve if you add "teletherapy" to your title so I think this is something Google are willing to look the other way with.

I am not Google though, maybe you can ask them via twitter or facebook and hope for a reply. Or someone on this forum with "connections" can possibly help you out with a quicker reply. I'm not going to tell you to go against the guidelines, but if adding "teletherapy" will help people with mental health problems and help a business survive during these tough times, I say go for it.

I mean.. Google are pretty lackadasical about GMB names overall (maybe they are just always bombarded with too much to do and this is lower priority) so I wouldn't worry too much, worst case your name gets changed back to the original one. Plus att these times they are a hundred times more swamped and this will probably not be very high on the checklist..

Mental health will be a big concern during these times as well and the ability for people to find help will improve if you add "teletherapy" to your title so I think this is something Google are willing to look the other way with.

I am not Google though, maybe you can ask them via twitter or facebook and hope for a reply. Or someone on this forum with "connections" can possibly help you out with a quicker reply. I'm not going to tell you to go against the guidelines, but if adding "teletherapy" will help people with mental health problems and help a business survive during these tough times, I say go for it.
Thanks @Den for chiming in!

@JoyHawkins any thoughts on this? The client is already seeing a huge influx in teletherapy requests as soon as his city went "shelter in place".

I'd do it.

Reactions: Den
I'd do it.
Should I just add "Teletherapy" or something like "Teletherapy Available"

ex. GMB title

1. "Thrive Psychotherapy - Teletherapy Available"
2. "Thrive Psychotherapy - Teletherapy"
3. "Teletherapy Available - Thrive Psychotherapy"
4. "Teletherapy - Thrive Psychotherapy"

or something different?

Thanks @JoyHawkins for chiming in!

"I know that restaurants are getting an exception to revise GMB names..."

@Mindquest
where did you see that information?
@JoyHawkins Why is this instance different from keyword stuffing the business name?

Could this business utilize Google Post, Descriptions, or Service Catagories to indicate they provide Teletherapy? Or even create a landing page. I am just curious, thank you all for your time.

So depending on who you talk to at Google, you might get a different answer but the overall sense I've been getting is that this isn't really "abuse" if it's in the better interests of the users to know the information. It's definitely a grey area and in any other circumstance, it's not one I would do.

Overall I like "Thrive Psychotherapy - Teletherapy Available" the best, but the question is: will her customers know what "Teletherapy" means or should you just say "Phone Consultations Available" or if she's doing video change it to "Private One-On-One Video Sessions Available"

Just a thought.

Sherry

Overall I like "Thrive Psychotherapy - Teletherapy Available" the best, but the question is: will her customers know what "Teletherapy" means or should you just say "Phone Consultations Available" or if she's doing video change it to "Private One-On-One Video Sessions Available"

Just a thought.

Sherry

Thanks Sherry!

Teletherapy is the hottest trending term and 90% of new calls are asking specifically for "Teletherapy" other than "Online Counseling" at least in our city. So I think the term has gained significant traction since the epidemic.

@Mindquest where did you see that information?
@JoyHawkins Why is this instance different from keyword stuffing the business name?

Could this business utilize Google Post, Descriptions, or Service Catagories to indicate they provide Teletherapy? Or even create a landing page. I am just curious, thank you all for your time.

Abbie, here's a story from SEO RoundTable which has info about restaurants being able to add Delivery or Takeout info to their business name

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom