More threads by Chris_Andrews

Chris_Andrews

Reaction score
Has anyone tested how 'no main hours' affects the open/closed rankings?

Would it have the rankings of open all the time, or closed all the time? In between?

Chris

Haven't tested it myself but super curious! I would assume somewhere in between but this could be hard to test since even if you remove your hours, Google prompts users to enter them so they could always get added back at random:

Hours-1-1.jpg

Hi Elizabeth,

I've been experimenting with this on one profile, so I would not draw any broad conclusion, but the profile does move down a few spots when other businesses are listed as 'open', then back up a few spots when other businesses are closed.

And yeh, the 'add hours' issue is annoying.

The crappy part is that some competitors are now listing themselves as being open 24 hours, and that's not true, but I guess eventually every business is going to list themselves open 24 hours to compete, and then it's all awash and Google just has tons of inaccurate times and plays whack-a-mole with suspending ones that it catches,

Chris

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom