More threads by Chaddow

Reaction score
This is for anyone based in Russia or has large Russian clients

I am working on a new client who has locations through out Russia and almost all there locations have some sort of incorrect information related to them. Will have to correct around 40 locations on Yandex maps. the only way you seem to be able to claim is through phone verification

You can do it in bulk using tools like yext and uberall but unsure if this client has the budget to use these kind of thing, however Yandex also seem to have something similar to the google agency dashboard with relation to chain business has anyone got any experience of using this interface

Hi, with one of my clients,as well hotel chains, we started using Yext specifically for Yandex and Baidu.

Before hiring them we ask them if the oficial website would appear in the listing, for us this was fundamental point and we make really emphasis on this cause we work for the SEO department, (we were really clear with them about this). They assured us that there would be no problem and it was going to be publish.

For our surprise, once we were already working with Yext, we realize that the oficial website of the hotel was not publish (and never been), basically it was a citation linked with different OTAs.

So after that (and many other discrepancies) we realize Yext was not going to work for us.

We started looking the way of doing it manually and/or contacting agencies directly from Russia. Although is a harder job, we rather do it this way cause we actually see a profit.

At least for this, an in our experience we don't think that Yext is the right option. We find almost no benefits and is not worth the price.

I think that right now (it could change) Yext is not suitable for hotels.

Hi Chadow,

We dont have locations in Russia but my European locations have presence in Yandex thanks to Yext. I had plenty of mistakes before that (specially in address) and it took some weeks but everything is updated since then.

Actually we receive plenty of traffic to my websites from Yandex and Baidu.

@Belen I had similar issues before in my Yandex listings, all URLs where updated too.

What I did before is do an overall analysis on a Yext client like Marriott (public on their website) and I could see everything was perfect. Attach Screenshot. Of course you can see OTAs on the bottom but this is Yandex view, I believe.

Did you do all the steps and review the platform to implement it?

Thanks!!

Search.png

I have done many listings on Yandex, the dashboard is simple and easy to use. The pain comes later, you can verify listings only by phone call, they promise to call in 10 min, but never do it. Instead, they can call another day, or at night time, or just don't call at all... Hard to imagine going through Yandex phone verification manually for 150 listings

Thanks for the Info @Zhanna

just so I am clear the most straightforward way or is it the only way ? To claim locations into the Yandex Maps / Yandex Directory into your dashboard is to find the location on the map.

Then scroll to the bottom and click Confirm ownership on Yandex.Maps

Then it takes you to a screen where it gives you the Nap details and says "This is my business"

Once you click here you are taken through the phone verification process as you describe

Yandex Phone.JPG

There is no way for me to claim all locations in a chain into my Yandex dashboard and then verify them?

The only way they appear in the Yandex dashboard is to verify over the phone first ?

The Yandex Directory home page seems to only deal with adding new businesses as far as I can see is this correct ?

Well, based on what they say in their FAQ, for chains with more than 30 locations you can correct and keep updated all the information by using CSV or XML files.
Unfortunately, the document is not translated in English yet, but Google Translator is your best friend:

Perhaps they have a short way to verify all the businesses once, I have sent them a letter with this question just now, let's see what they say.

Another important point is that you want your businesses not only contain correct info but to be verified for one simple reason, businesses don't appear in Yandex organic search until you verify them. Yandex is a major thing in Russia, they own everything, food delivery, taxi, grocery, online markets and etc. The majority of people use Yandex for all their online needs and in home country and abroad, this is huge a traffic.
Local Search just starting in Russia now, by verifying your account now may get a knowledge panel right away.

1581604096621.png

@Zhanna Thanks for explaining that to me it was really helpful as you say those help docs are only in Russian at the moment hence why I could not find them when looking around yandex.com

I can create the XML document now I have read through those help articles

Perhaps they have a short way to verify all the businesses once, I have sent them a letter with this question just now, let's see what they say.

Great thanks for asking for me lets see what they say in reply

Another important point is that you want your businesses not only contain correct info but to be verified for one simple reason, businesses don't appear in Yandex organic search until you verify them

Interesting cause the reason this got flag to me by my client was that the information for their businesses was appearing incorrectly in the knowledge panel and the business is not verified

Welcome @Chaddow!
Interesting cause the reason this got flag to me by my client was that the information for their businesses was appearing incorrectly in the knowledge panel and the business is not verified
hmm, sure in the knowledge panel? or on Maps? None of my businesses is visible in search so far without verification.

Well as far as I understand it in yandex it is the knowledge panel as it sits in the same place it would on google (on the right hand side when you do a brand search) but the incorrect information appears both there and in yandex.com/maps/

Also when I tried to make a manual edit on maps with the same account I run the Yandex Webmaster Tools from for this client it says thy will come back in 5 working days and they never did but that seems in line with your experience

Hi @Chaddow !
Yandex has replied to me. They said:
"Let us know the name, we will think about how to improve this situation."
Looks like there is no algorithm yet to make it automatically.
You can send it to me or directly to them with the ticket number Ticket#20021314133102194

Hi @Chaddow and @Zhanna,

I'm also looking into bulk claiming/verifying Yandex My Business locations for our clients, all the hospitality industry. We manage around 500 locations.

I've tried to find a contact email for Yandex as to explain my situation but have not managed. Do you guys have an email/contact form for Yandex My Business?

Thanks in advance!

Hello @Lluc

If you want to verify on mass/in bulk the brand name must be present in the title of all business otherwise you have to do them one at a time over the phone,which I am having to do

Something I have learned since starting to resolve my issue

HI
Hello @Lluc

If you want to verify on mass/in bulk the brand name must be present in the title of all business otherwise you have to do them one at a time over the phone, which I am having to do

Something I have learned since starting to resolve my issue

Thanks @Chaddow !

It's for a hotel chain with 5 different brands and over 100 locations, including bars, restaurants, spa's, congress centers, gyms, etc. Not all of them have the brand name of the chain, we'll have to see about that...

I was wondering if you had asked about paid campaigns?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom