More threads by ScottNaughton

ScottNaughton

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck contacting Google support when two separate locations are incorrectly marked as duplicates of one another?

I support a lot of automotive clients and they have 3 locations at the same address. At times, Google will mark the Service department and the Salesfloor as a duplicate even though it states in its guidelines these deserve their own listing. I will contact support about this issue and every time I have been getting one of two responses. I either first have to verify the listing which takes me through Google's wizard which errors out before it can find my location. Or, I get a response from a no-reply email address saying they can not understand my issue.

Has anyone had any success with getting in contact with a Google rep about an incorrectly marked duplicate and if so can you please share the steps you have taken?

Hi Scott,

Once they are merged, Google can't un-merge them. You will need to recreate the listing. Make sure the name and phone number on the listing are different than the other one.

Hi Scott,

Once they are merged, Google can't un-merge them. You will need to recreate the listing. Make sure the name and phone number on the listing are different than the other one.

Hi Colan, actually they can now. I had a case this past week where they merged the profile of my client with a close competitor (different name, address and primary category yet they merged!) so I asked if they could unmerge as there are two different businesses.

I provided the old CID and after a few days they unmerged the profiles with the correct information, and reviews and photos came back.
However, once they unmerged, they unverified both profiles, so we need to go back to verify the listing...😞
But better than before.

That's really cool to hear. Did the CID numbers remain the same as they were before they were merged on the two unmerged listings?

It's quite perplexing; PlePer was displaying the same CID for both profiles. However, when utilizing the old CID to generate the Google Maps Link, it was correctly showcasing our profile. I can provide screenshots and links to the profiles via direct message if needed

Today it is showing correctly with the old CID!

I can shoot you over some screenshots and the profile links via DM if you want to check it out.

Last edited:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom