Business Claimed in Old Google Places Dash--Shows Up Unclaimed in New Google Places

Barry Zuber

Forum Member
We claimed the clients business listing in the old Google Places dashboard two years ago. When I log-in using the old Google Places dashboard (which is still active), I see the current stats. I have not moved them over to the new Google Places+ dashboard.

When I Google their business name and click on their Google Places+ page in the SERP, it says the business is unclaimed.

Question--Should I just wait and sit tight for Google to move them over to the new dashboard? Right now social media interaction is not a big priority so the social aspect Google Places+ is not a driving force.

Thanks,

Barry Zuber

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
Administrator
Hi Barry,

Really tough to say what's going on without a link to the listing.

Would you be comfortable providing that as well as a dashboard screenshot if possible?

Linda Buquet

We claimed the clients business listing in the old Google Places dashboard two years ago. When I log-in using the old Google Places dashboard (which is still active), I see the current stats. I have not moved them over to the new Google Places+ dashboard.
Hi Barry,

You 'can't' move them to the new Places dashboard. It's an upgrade only Google can do.

"new Google Places+ dashboard" ??? Maybe you mean G+ Business dashboard??? Not really clear on what you mean.

(Edited to add, posted at same time as Colan and great minds think alike!)

"When I Google their business name and click on their Google Places+ page in the SERP, it says the business is unclaimed."

Where does it say unclaimed? Listings no longer show if they are claimed are not.

Are you referring to the fact it says "Is this your business? Manage this page?"

They all say this, even when already claimed.

SOOOOO hard to know what people are talking about when they describe a problem with all the different states and names people use to refer to different pages.

It would help us to help you if you can provide a link and/or screen shot so you can show us what you are referring to.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group