More threads by AustinD

AustinD

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently completed a GMB merger for a business (Good Energy Solutions) with the help of GMB support. After merging 2 listings that were ranking decently in Maps, the correct/new listing completely dropped - it won't even show for it's category when I zoom in directly on the business.

Has anyone experienced such a drastic drop after a merger before?

The merger was completed on 7/6 - so it hasn't been that long - but GMB support is worrying me by telling me that the solution is to optimize the listing, not that this is a temporary thing caused by the merger.

Business owner is understandably worried as well. I set expectations that this might not improve things (aside from preventing future suspension) - but never expected this.

Thanks-

Should be popping back up to normal shortly as it can take a few days. Max I've seen is three full days though. Did all the reviews get transferred over yet? I've seen that it takes a week sometimes to finish the process sometimes.

Hi Yan!

Recognize you from the forum and across the SEO community - thanks so much for the time and input!

It's been more than 3 days at this point, and no presence yet.

The reviews have been moved over, that happened this past Monday (7/6). The review process was slow working with GMB support - did take 1-2 weeks, but I thought that might be the case going into it.

Fingers crossed for some movement this weekend - I know that might happen - but didn't want to sit around waiting in case it doesn't.

I'll keep this updated if/when things do move for anyone to reference in the future!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom