More threads by vtrjavier

vtrjavier

Reaction score
Hello friends

An acquaintance wants to create a site to offer bed bug service. The service it specializes in is heat treatment along with two other treatments. He wants to work on a domain that he bought some time ago but that in my opinion serves better to cover all pests.

He told me that his long-term vision is to work on the brand and form another company. My doubt is that I cover all the content and the site about bed bugs and later when I want to cover other pests I have to reorganize everything again. We also want to create a GMB.

What would you recommend?

I would focus the website on the services they offer not, and not worry as much about the other pests if they do NOT offer services for them at this time. Bed bug elimination is in my experience a competitive niche of pest control, and you will probably find that over time you can rank for bed bug specific searches above general pest control sites not specifically optimized for bed bugs. Especially if you have a keyword rich domain specific to bed bugs, that is a huge advantage. MY advice, own your bed bug niche now and worry about other pests when you get there.

I would focus the website on the services they offer not, and not worry as much about the other pests if they do NOT offer services for them at this time. Bed bug elimination is in my experience a competitive niche of pest control, and you will probably find that over time you can rank for bed bug specific searches above general pest control sites not specifically optimized for bed bugs. Especially if you have a keyword rich domain specific to bed bugs, that is a huge advantage. MY advice, own your bed bug niche now and worry about other pests when you get there.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. We are now going to work on another domain that does not have the word bedbugs. We do this because in the future we want to add other pests.The only problem I see is that the site will have to be restructured.

A keyword in the URL is in no way a must have - having a URL be more brand focused is always a good idea and a great way to set yourself up for future business changes like you describe. Restructuring will be a big project for the future, but when done right can have substantial SEO benefits. Good luck!!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom