More threads by JRS

JRS

Reaction score
Are these data aggregators still worth creating, claiming, establishing and managing?

Data Axle
FourSquare
Neustar
YP Network
GPS Network
Factual
Acxiom
D&B

I'm sure this has been covered but wasn't able to find anything posted in the last year. Thanks for your feedback.

If your information on any of these is wrong I think it's 100% worth fixing, but I wouldn't go out of my way to create + manage new listings on any of these. Citation and review sites are so good at sourcing and aggregating their own data it's not worth the effort to do it for them. However, correcting WRONG information is always important so it doesn't spread.

You don't have BBB on here but imo that's one of the most important citation out there.

If your information on any of these is wrong I think it's 100% worth fixing, but I wouldn't go out of my way to create + manage new listings on any of these. Citation and review sites are so good at sourcing and aggregating their own data it's not worth the effort to do it for them. However, correcting WRONG information is always important so it doesn't spread.

You don't have BBB on here but imo that's one of the most important citation out there.

Good feedback. Thanks. How do you know - for instance - bbb is helping your seo? is this a function of supporting your GBP local rankings?

BBB does not help SEO in a way that directly influences rankings on search or maps. Rather I consider it important because if a GBP listing is suspended, one of the items on the form Google support asks for is a link to the businesses BBB profile, so I think Google considers it trustworthy in a way. Plus, if your listing ever gets suspended, you have that to give to google as a reason for reinstatement.

BBB does not help SEO in a way that directly influences rankings on search or maps. Rather I consider it important because if a GBP listing is suspended, one of the items on the form Google support asks for is a link to the businesses BBB profile, so I think Google considers it trustworthy in a way. Plus, if your listing ever get suspended, you have that to give to google as a reason for reinstatement.

Great insight. Thanks. More important today than ever

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom