More threads by Tyson Downs

Reaction score
I moved over from Moz a while back, and while Moz wasn't perfect, they generally got citations at the aggregators/partners created as they should.

We've been using BL for about a year now, and they just can't seem to get it right.

One client I have just passed the year mark on the subscription, and this is what we are seeing:

GPS Network, HERE: Wrong number, missing address line 2, still working on getting them to update it.

GPS Network, TOMTOM: The address line 2 and hours are currently missing from the live listing. This is a known issue that we are working with TomTom to be corrected.

GPS Network, Waze: Waze published a different business phone and hours on your live listing. We're working with Waze to correct this issue now.

YellowPages, DexKnows, Superpages: YP NETWORK does not allow Special characters in the business name: e.g. ‘, (,), |, %,©,™.YP NETWORK grabbed the business email from one of their sources. Unfortunately, the business email cannot be removed but can be updated. Please feel free to contact us to get the business email updated. (There was not special characters) Updated hours never updated to YP network (seasonal business)

All of the campaigns I have with them have issues like this that never get fixed.

What is everybody else's experience?

Considering other options.

I moved over from Moz a while back, and while Moz wasn't perfect, they generally got citations at the aggregators/partners created as they should.

We've been using BL for about a year now, and they just can't seem to get it right.

One client I have just passed the year mark on the subscription, and this is what we are seeing:

GPS Network, HERE: Wrong number, missing address line 2, still working on getting them to update it.

GPS Network, TOMTOM: The address line 2 and hours are currently missing from the live listing. This is a known issue that we are working with TomTom to be corrected.

GPS Network, Waze: Waze published a different business phone and hours on your live listing. We're working with Waze to correct this issue now.

YellowPages, DexKnows, Superpages: YP NETWORK does not allow Special characters in the business name: e.g. ‘, (,), |, %,©,™.YP NETWORK grabbed the business email from one of their sources. Unfortunately, the business email cannot be removed but can be updated. Please feel free to contact us to get the business email updated. (There was not special characters) Updated hours never updated to YP network (seasonal business)

All of the campaigns I have with them have issues like this that never get fixed.

What is everybody else's experience?

Considering other options.

Hi Tyson,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience with our service.

I sincerely apologize for the difficulties you have encountered in getting your listings accurately updated across various platforms.

We understand how crucial accurate information is for your business and its visibility, and we’re disappointed to hear about the issues you've faced.Regarding the specific problems you mentioned:
  • GPS Networks (HERE, TOMTOM, and Waze): It's concerning to hear about the inaccuracies and missing information in your listings. We acknowledge the importance of having the correct business details on these platforms and regret any inconvenience this has caused. We are actively working with these partners to ensure your information is updated correctly and promptly. We appreciate your patience as we navigate these updates and work towards a resolution.

• YP Network (YellowPages, DexKnows, Superpages): The limitations regarding special characters and the issues with the business email and hours not being correctly updated are indeed frustrating. We are in continuous dialogue with the YP Network to address these challenges and find workable solutions that ensure your business information is represented accurately.
Your satisfaction is incredibly important to us, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further and ensure that all your concerns are addressed. You can reach out to our customer support team directly at support@brightlocal.com, and we will do our best to resolve these issues to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing these matters to our attention. We are committed to improving our service and ensuring that your experience with us moving forward is positive and productive.

Kind regards

Sonny Scott
BrightLocal

We have stopped using BrightLocal all together. There were constantly mistakes with rank tracking, issues similar to what you stated above, ActiveSync is extremely buggy, etc. Very frustrating. We are now using a combination of other software to replace everything BrightLocal does, but I was tired of putting in support tickets in and waiting for response instead of just getting work done. I just tried a citation campaign with WhiteSpark and look forward to seeing the results. I have also used Loganix, who is great to work with overall, but theirs does not included aggregators. Good luck.

Hi

We are truly sorry to hear about your experience. It's clear that you faced several issues throughout your subscription with us and whilst this is certainly not the norm for our customers, if it does happen we do take it very seriously

We acknowledge that the initial problem with your subscription upgrade on October 10th caused inconvenience and appreciated your patience as we worked to resolve it by October 13th.

While we were pleased to swiftly resolve subsequent issues you encountered, such as the activation problem with the Manage Plan on October 19th, we understand that these ongoing technical difficulties, including those with AS and GBP Audit reports, were frustrating for you. We did our best to address each problem as it arose and provided refunds and updates accordingly.

We regret that despite our efforts to rectify the situation, including granting a full month's refund and providing updates on issue resolutions, you ultimately decided to cancel your subscription.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and appreciate the opportunity to learn from your experience.

If you have any further feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Many Thanks
Vicky
Head of Customer Support
BrightLocal

I've used BrightLocal on several Citation Builder campaigns and all the listings have turned out fine, including the aggregators.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom