More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I just spotted delivery icons in the 3-pack for McDonalds while searching.

1566330706097.png

Clicking on it leads you to a Google interface that allows you to order from one of their delivery order platforms.

1566330789214.png

It's definitely more prominent now than it was before. Are you guys seeing this on other major chains?

oh wow... seeing it for Wendys and BK as well...
Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 3.59.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 3.59.41 PM.png

Yep, seeing it in Atlanta too. But it doesn't seem that all locations in this search have it.

2019-08-20_16-12-28.jpg

Is DoorDash the only provider you're seeing when you go to order delivery?

I got doordash without any other choices.

1566333653160.png

After I agree, it brings me to to menu type page

1566333698785.png

Yes, that's the only option I get. Interesting enough, that same search even now has changed a little. The A spot now says "Pickup" and not "Order".
2019-08-20_18-58-16.jpg
Test?

Hmm, gone in Canada as well.

Well that's interesting. I'm also not seeing them anymore.

Here's something else possibly related I just noticed - an Ad for DoorDash in the GMB listing on the right side of the search results:

chilis-clearwater-doordash-ad.png

I wonder if Google and DealDash have some sort of partnership.

The ads on the Knowledge Panel have been there for a while but they are getting more prominent and being shown more that they were last year.

Yep, icons are back for the search I posted earlier. "Zaxbys Atlanta GA"

Back for me too. Google makes it hard to keep my head on straight. :oops:

Hi! My client just got a deck from Google on "Food Ordering on Google," and I wonder if this will be incorporated with the little delivery icon? The Food Ordering is available on iOs, Android AND Desktop. It's the button we've been seeing in the news and has the "New! View menu and order food" banner. Will they be separate features or will they eventually merge?

@hsnlshields - are you able to add the deck here so we can see what it says?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom