More threads by DarrenWallace

DarrenWallace

Reaction score
If I have a page that was designed with a certain keyword phrase in mind, say "Widgets in California", and the main website front page ranks really well for "widgets" is it better for the secondary page to be linked off the main website front page or can it be linked from another sub-page? In terms of page rank, does it matter?

So for example:
main site -> widget page, or
main site -> another page -> widget page

Which structure gets "widget page" the most page rank from the high ranking "main site".

Thank you for any help you can provide.

I would think main site -> widget page would give the widget page more "page rank" authority than adding a secondary page between the two. I typically implement internal linking in effort to provide more context for certain topics for users rather than trying to get better "page rank" so I think if you focus on value over "page rank" you'll likely see better results.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom