More threads by DanielTexasLira

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I've seen several businesses run their website structure this way, where the main website has its services but goes a bit further and creates duplicate pages on a local level in an attempt to rank for hyper-local terms. Keep in mind, that all the services are the same for each location, where it would make sense to just leverage the main services page. I wanted to get your thoughts if there is any benefit in running a website structure this way based on your experience.

1692807445001.jpg

This is how we’ve structured ours after a complete rebuild, except we nixed the Services trunk from the Main directory. We have some generic pages (e.g., careers, payments, resources, attorneys) on that directory, but everything service-specific is iterated and search optimized per office location. Seems to be working better for local SERPs. Haven’t fully analyzed the new site’s impact on local pack SERPs yet, but we are trending upward in those for 4/5 locations.

Thanks to AI, you can generate different services descriptions versions.

We have done this and supplemented multi-location brands with individual domains for their territories very succesfully, creating a mesh of highly relevant topically related websites.

So my answer would be yes, you do want to do this, and some.
You can try googling "The definitive guide to subdomains vs subfolder/subdirectories and stand-alone domains"
to understand how to best structure these meshed networks for you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom