More threads by valentinb13

Reaction score
OK — I have my opinion on this, but it's just that: an opinion.

Client has multiple offices/locations and corresponding GBPs. One of the secondary offices in our city has very few reviews and a relatively 'poor' star rating (mid-3s). They were told by a 3rd party marketing company that it's "affecting their other GBP locations and dragging them/main locations down as well" — I don't believe that is the case, but figured I'd put it out to the community for your input.

I haven't ever heard of this being an issue - the review rating of 1 listing should not impact another, even if they are the same brand. Are you finding the other listings are doing poorly in maps with no other explanation?

In any case you can easily test this by getting more positive reviews on the secondary office listing and seeing if the other locations improve (make sure to do nothing to the other listings while testing this).

I haven't ever heard of this being an issue - the review rating of 1 listing should not impact another, even if they are the same brand. Are you finding the other listings are doing poorly in maps with no other explanation?

In any case you can easily test this by getting more positive reviews on the secondary office listing and seeing if the other locations improve (make sure to do nothing to the other listings while testing this).

Thank you — that was also my assumption and we are trying to work with the client to improve their review acquisitions for this location.

Good luck with that!! If you are able to test this, please report back on findings here - we would love an update :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom