Duplicate pages under separate email account

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
An update and a question...

I was able to get rid of the bold text by copying/pasting into a plain text editor and then pasting it back. A simple solution to a weird problem, but I wanted to mention it in case anyone else has description formatting issues they can't resolve.

The question -- the website underwent massive changes, from a several page GoDaddy site to a modern WP site. I've seen SEOs say that large simultaneous changes (CMS, design, site structure and/or menu structure) can tank your rankings. Could that be why he has dropped from high in the 7 pack to #18?

Linda Buquet

The question -- the website underwent massive changes, from a several page GoDaddy site to a modern WP site. I've seen SEOs say that large simultaneous changes (CMS, design, site structure and/or menu structure) can tank your rankings. Could that be why he has dropped from high in the 7 pack to #18?
Sure anytime you redesign it can cause a drop. And like I think I mentioned earlier the onsite LOCAL part of the SEO could be improved some.

However he's ranking #2 in PURE organic, so organic ranking does not appear to be the problem. Seems to be on the local side of the house.

Think it was the dupes and maybe description - those things can linger and cause problems even after fixed on the surface.

Linda Buquet

However he's ranking D for Asheville Plumber so he's still in the pack at least.

What was he ranking before?

Some work on the onsite SEO could really help I think.

Rich Owings

Local Search Expert
That's new. He's back in the pack! He wasn't there at 8 this morning. He was #7 on the map and #8 organic before my work and the new site.

I am still trying to wrap my head around all the ways on-site affects local rankings, but I don't want to ask you to give away any secrets!

Anyway, this is great news. Thanks!