More threads by Brian - TGL

Brian - TGL

Reaction score
Has anyone encountered the notification that edits could take up to 3 days?

Taking a "little" longer to review . . . Google states typical edits take up to 10 minutes (this edit was rewording a business description to include more details to accurately reflect their offering):

Has anyone encountered the notification that edits could take up to 3 days?

Taking a "little" longer to review . . . Google states typical edits take up to 10 minutes (this edit was rewording a business description to include more details to accurately reflect their offering):

We've been seeing it fairly regularly for over a year. Though I should qualify that by saying we do edits on over a hundred different GBPs each week, so it's not like we see it on every edit! 😅

Brian, I'm currently blessed :cautious: to have a client who attempted to make category and address changes at the same time. So that one currently has the 3 day notification (category change) AND a 30 day notification (address change).

We're seeing this happen more often with a few different brands. Some simple edits to description are taking 30 days. Other edits to correct a website or name to match the website are taking weeks and Google Support is not helping publish this. Are others experiencing this

I haven't made any changes to the profile since I read the notice that it could take up to 3 days to publish, today I looked at the profile and I have been upgraded to a 30-day review:

The category is bathroom remodeler.

Maybe someone can see something obvious about the words that were chosen for the updated description:

The change was published (so much for 30 days?) . . . I tested out adding a secondary category to the listing which was published within 2 minutes . . . added the social links, which also published almost immediately. 13 products were added, and so far 12 have been published.

It was for a profile we've worked on plenty of times before. It finally published this morning!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom