More threads by GMBapi.com

GMBapi.com

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi there. I am having a challenge I am not sure what to do. When we pull review links from large location groups, we get the review links in this format:
Code:
search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=XXX

We have noticed that these links are not 100% reliable. Sometimes, for some users, they do not lead to the "review box pop up".

What we want is to have them int his format: Google (g.page/r/XXX/review)

Those always work - but we are unable to extract them per API. There is no simple excel hack where we just take the location ID and adjust that into the other format.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to pull this last format review link in bulk? I am doing something wrong?

Well, I think you can get the link you want if you manage the profile. Just follow these steps:
  1. Go to your Google Business Profile Manager
  2. Choose the business you want to get a link
  3. In the dashboard, open Read Reviews
  4. You will find your link in the Get more reviews button in the upper right corner
The method you mention first works too, you just need the Place ID and this you can get with PlePer Local SEO Extension for Chrome or you can go directly to Google's Place ID Finder tool at the following link: Place ID Finder | Maps JavaScript API | Google for Developers

If anyone knows how to get the short link without going to GBP, I would also like to know.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom