More threads by nicoco

nicoco

Reaction score
Hi There

I have a client who is a personal trainer and works in 3 different gyms and also visits clients at their home. I told him that claiming a listing as a practitioner would be the best way for him to rank for each location but I'm not 100% certain this is the best strategy. If it is
- what should the business name of each listing be: His name + the gym name?
- How can he verify the listing using video verification?

Or should he just claim one listing based on his home address as he also visits clients at their home.?

Thanks

As a solo practitioner he is allowed one listing - so he will need to choose the address of just one of the gym's he works out of to verify a listing. The name can be "His name + the gym name" - per the guidelines that is allowed Guidelines for representing your business on Google - Google Business Profile Help

check out this post to learn more about Unlocking Success: Mastering Video Verification for Your Google Business Profile - Sterling Sky Inc

Thank you so much Elizabeth, much appreciated

Thank you so much Elizabeth, much appreciated

Sorry Elizabeth, just had another thought. I was under the impression that a solo practitioner could create a listing for the various locations in which he operates, for example, a therapist who works in different practices across a city. If he can only choose one location how can he be found for the other places where he works?

You can create a page for him on the website so he can possibly show up organically across a service area or city - i.e if someone searches for his name this page will show up in organic search. If he wants to show up in maps for a search of his name then I think 1 listing will work for this, as it is likely to show up in maps across a city anytime someone searches for his name.

However, if he wants to show up for non-branded searches in maps across a larger service area that is unlikely to happen. A solo practitioner he is allowed 1 GBP and creating more will likely cause duplicate listing issues.

You can create a page for him on the website so he can possibly show up organically across a service area or city - i.e if someone searches for his name this page will show up in organic search. If he wants to show up in maps for a search of his name then I think 1 listing will work for this, as it is likely to show up in maps across a city anytime someone searches for his name.

However, if he wants to show up for non-branded searches in maps across a larger service area that is unlikely to happen. A solo practitioner he is allowed 1 GBP and creating more will likely cause duplicate listing issues.

Thanks so much for taking the time Elizabeth.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom