GMB Duplicate, please help!

eitskowitch

Forum Member
I took over lease from a national retail chain and created GMB listing for my local business. Now there are 2 GMB listings present, even though the GMB listing for the national retail chain has closed.

So there is a...

-GMB listing for my business

and,

-GMB listing for the national retail chain that has closed

The two listings have the same address and category, and the national retail chain is showing in local pack for a category search instead of my business. Help!

I have reported this to Google India, GMB on twitter, and requested a manual change as multiple Google users.

Anything I can do that will fix my situation and increase my local pack ranking?

I am currently buying local pack ads as a quick fix (see screenshot) but could use some serious local seo advice.

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
The Valvoline listing was not marked as permanently closed, that is why it is still showing up on the map in a search.

The quickest way to get your listing to show would be to get the Valvoline one marked as closed. I have suggested an edit, but it is under review. When did you contact Google about this issue? It will take normally take a few days for them to get to it.

(Also, if there is a way to try to eventually get ownership of the Valvoline listing that might be worthwhile as well since it has a long history and lots of good reviews. )

eitskowitch

Forum Member
I contacted Google one week ago 2/12, but they have not marked the Vavoline listing as closed.

I also suggested an edit several times over last 3 months, but the Valvoline listing was not changed to closed.

I will try and get ownership of the Valvoline listing. Thanks very much for your support.

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Twitter help should be faster than that. I would follow up. If you didn't provide pictures of the location the first time, I am sure that would help as well. Check if the Valvoline listing has an image of the location and then show the updated one with your signage.

eitskowitch

Forum Member
Hi Yan, Just a quick update for you and anyone out there having the issue I had with duplicate listings.

Per your recommendation, my second attempt with GMB Twitter worked. I provided image with my signage. The Valvoline location is now marked permanently closed.

Local Search Forum

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group