More threads by eitskowitch

eitskowitch

Reaction score
I took over lease from a national retail chain and created GMB listing for my local business. Now there are 2 GMB listings present, even though the GMB listing for the national retail chain has closed.

So there is a...

-GMB listing for my business

and,

-GMB listing for the national retail chain that has closed

The two listings have the same address and category, and the national retail chain is showing in local pack for a category search instead of my business. Help!

I have reported this to Google India, GMB on twitter, and requested a manual change as multiple Google users.

Anything I can do that will fix my situation and increase my local pack ranking?

I am currently buying local pack ads as a quick fix (see screenshot) but could use some serious local seo advice.

Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 11.30.44 AM.png

The Valvoline listing was not marked as permanently closed, that is why it is still showing up on the map in a search.

The quickest way to get your listing to show would be to get the Valvoline one marked as closed. I have suggested an edit, but it is under review. When did you contact Google about this issue? It will take normally take a few days for them to get to it.

(Also, if there is a way to try to eventually get ownership of the Valvoline listing that might be worthwhile as well since it has a long history and lots of good reviews. )

I contacted Google one week ago 2/12, but they have not marked the Vavoline listing as closed.

I also suggested an edit several times over last 3 months, but the Valvoline listing was not changed to closed.

I will try and get ownership of the Valvoline listing. Thanks very much for your support.

Twitter help should be faster than that. I would follow up. If you didn't provide pictures of the location the first time, I am sure that would help as well. Check if the Valvoline listing has an image of the location and then show the updated one with your signage.

Hi Yan, Just a quick update for you and anyone out there having the issue I had with duplicate listings.

Per your recommendation, my second attempt with GMB Twitter worked. I provided image with my signage. The Valvoline location is now marked permanently closed.

gmb_screenshot.JPG

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom