More threads by paolobi

paolobi

Reaction score
Hello everyone, this is my first post and it's really nice to meet you all.
I added 3 products in GMB, tracked the traffic with the UTM, and everything is ok. I wonder if I can get Insights like clicks and views for each product because I cannot find anything in the "Insight" sections.
Thank you.

Good question. Currently Insights doesn't report on this but if you used UTM codes you can see the data in Search Console.

Ciao Joy,
You’re right! I didn’t think to use GSC, thank you so much.
Hope Google will provide soon insights also for the Products feature.

thanks again

if you used UTM codes you can see the data in Search Console.
Are you sure about GSC? I use utms + GA to track traffic going from listing, but never used GSC to do that before... Will be thankful if you correct me.

Hello! I checked GSC across all of my clients and I don't see any of my Google Products in there at all - anyone else confirm they are seeing theirs? I see my main URL, my appointment URL, and my posts in GSC though - am I missing something?

I can, however, see the products data in GA
1579109707907.png

🧐 Thanks, Claire

Hey Claire,

Actually that's a solid point. You're right - they aren't in Search Console. After looking, it would likely be because the URLs don't actually display anywhere in the SERP.

So Google Analytics is the way to go! Thanks for bringing that up.

Good old GA! Yes, I guess that because the only time product URLs display on the SERP is as an overlay/ pop up. Maybe one day GMB insights will show us the number of people clicking on any product related buttons. Haha *MAYBE*!! Thanks Joy x

Really hope so, as this could be very valuable information for every business ...

Hello everyone!
I agree with Claire, I can confirm that GSC is not showing any data about impressions for the products post, since in the products box in the SERP there isn't any URL.
It's a shame, because in my opinion could be really useful to get the CTR for the products, just to understand if the implementation is a real opportunity or not.
Thanks.

Our GMB traffic has dropped extensively and we can't figure out why we lost so much. Obviously Google does not seem to show our listings as much. We have a UTM code, and we just checked in GA and there is no traffic showing at all from our GMB listing. Why would Google not show our listing? Is there a way to find out why and what could be hurting us? I have attached a snippet of the performance stats. The Search, and Views used to register in at 19.7k. After November we got hit very hard, and trying to claw our way back into the game! Competition is eating us alive!
GMB 1212020.GIF

@Sherm I get your listing when searching in your zip code and it looks like you're still getting activity according to that screenshot. If you got hurt by the recent algo update, I'd be on the look out for spam. I've seen multiple cases where businesses were shoved down in the local results and replaced by listings that aren't eligible and shouldn't exist.

1579633345054.png

Hi Joy,

thanks for your kind response. That's amazing that spam can snatch away that much a presence? Wow. I hope that we can recover. If there is anything else you think we should be doing, please let us know. It is a jungle out there. LOL

And don't you generally show up in your own zip? It's the other ones that I think I might not be showing up for that concerns me actually. But thanks again Joy!

And don't you generally show up in your own zip? It's the other ones that I think I might not be showing up for that concerns me actually. But thanks again Joy!

I would suggest running a ranking report from various zip codes then to see what shows up. Ideally, you'd rank in your own zip code but lots of businesses don't. Here is our guide on how to report spam in the local results: [2019] The Ultimate Guide to Fighting Spam on Google Maps - Sterling Sky Inc

If you're really concerned about a loss in traffic & phone calls, I'd probably suggest hiring someone to do an audit for you. If you want us to quote you on that, feel free to PM me.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom