GMB Q&A Gone Missing?

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
I am seeing and hearing some news that some Questions & Answers are suddenly getting removed by GMB. I was alerted to this over the weekend by Brodie. Today I can confirm that I have at least 6 listings that have had Questions removed that were not violating any guidelines.

I have raised this to Google, but I would love to hear from anyone else if they are seeing the same issue?

If you are willing to share the profile that would be great as I can share it with Google.

AndySimpson

Local Search Expert
You beat me to it Ben, I am seeing the same HOWEVER when I ask a question that I know I posted, the Q&A is suggested back to me...but still the listing is showing "Be the first to ask a question"

Houston, we have a problem! 🧐

CarrieHill

Are we seeing it for particular categories? My HVAC, Real Estate, and Locksmith clients are still showing the Q&A.

AndySimpson

Local Search Expert
I'm seeing some clients in the same industry (addiction treatment) that have their Q&A still there and others that are now showing 0 when I know there were at least 3 prior.
Blake, if you start to type in a question that you know was already there, you'll see if appear in the suggested answers...so the data is there, just not displaying.

Wary Goose

Seeing this issue for my dance studio client. Their Knowledge Panel Q&A shows "See all questions (7)" but when you click on the link you can scroll through all 8 Q&A's I added for them.

I'm seeing a few variations of this issue on my clients across various industries (legal, construction, automotive, retail and more).

I have Q&A monitoring emails set up through Whitespark's Reputation Builder. We were alerted in two waves - October 13 & 14 around 2 a.m. EST within the span of minutes across multiple accounts.

These are the variations I've seen so far:
1) Some Q&A missing and the tally on the business profile is correct (showing the reduced number of questions).
2) Some Q&A missing and the tally on the business profile is still including all/some of the removed questions.
3) Some Q&A were missing according to the alert email but they're visible again??

I see the same thing Andy pointed out - the Q&A that are missing seem to show in the suggested results if you type them into the Ask A Question box.

I've seen this for both seeded and user-generated Q&A.

BisnarChase

Seeing this issue for my dance studio client. Their Knowledge Panel Q&A shows "See all questions (7)" but when you click on the link you can scroll through all 8 Q&A's I added for them.
Same. Says 'see all 19 Q&A' and only displays 13.

AndySimpson

Local Search Expert
They're back...🧐

Update: They're coming back...I have seen a few that were missing get their questions back. 😏

Last edited:

ChristianRdz

Seeing the same thing for home home service businesses I manage. Looks like the ones removed were ones I seeded.

I'm seeing this in the "Advertising" and "Band" categories. Only a few Q&As are appearing, when I've entered multiple Q&As for the profiles.

I am seeing and hearing some news that some Questions & Answers are suddenly getting removed by GMB. I was alerted to this over the weekend by Brodie. Today I can confirm that I have at least 6 listings that have had Questions removed that were not violating any guidelines.

I have raised this to Google, but I would love to hear from anyone else if they are seeing the same issue?

If you are willing to share the profile that would be great as I can share it with Google.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...

Local Search Forum

Google Product Exert

@LocalSearchLink

Join Our Facebook Group