More threads by BenFisher

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
I am seeing and hearing some news that some Questions & Answers are suddenly getting removed by GMB. I was alerted to this over the weekend by Brodie. Today I can confirm that I have at least 6 listings that have had Questions removed that were not violating any guidelines.

I have raised this to Google, but I would love to hear from anyone else if they are seeing the same issue?

If you are willing to share the profile that would be great as I can share it with Google.

You beat me to it Ben, I am seeing the same HOWEVER when I ask a question that I know I posted, the Q&A is suggested back to me...but still the listing is showing "Be the first to ask a question"

Houston, we have a problem! 🧐

Thanks for the video Andy! I have already alerted Google to the issue.

Are we seeing it for particular categories? My HVAC, Real Estate, and Locksmith clients are still showing the Q&A.

I'm seeing some clients in the same industry (addiction treatment) that have their Q&A still there and others that are now showing 0 when I know there were at least 3 prior.

I'm seeing some clients in the same industry (addiction treatment) that have their Q&A still there and others that are now showing 0 when I know there were at least 3 prior.

Blake, if you start to type in a question that you know was already there, you'll see if appear in the suggested answers...so the data is there, just not displaying.

For me, it is rehabs, lawyers, real estate, insurance (all duress categories)

We are seeing this too. I also noticed the number that shows on the Knowledge Panel includes the missing one. For example, one of my clients says 8 for "see all questions" and when you click there are only 4 showing.

Seeing this issue for my dance studio client. Their Knowledge Panel Q&A shows "See all questions (7)" but when you click on the link you can scroll through all 8 Q&A's I added for them.

I'm seeing a few variations of this issue on my clients across various industries (legal, construction, automotive, retail and more).

I have Q&A monitoring emails set up through Whitespark's Reputation Builder. We were alerted in two waves - October 13 & 14 around 2 a.m. EST within the span of minutes across multiple accounts.

These are the variations I've seen so far:
1) Some Q&A missing and the tally on the business profile is correct (showing the reduced number of questions).
2) Some Q&A missing and the tally on the business profile is still including all/some of the removed questions.
3) Some Q&A were missing according to the alert email but they're visible again??

I see the same thing Andy pointed out - the Q&A that are missing seem to show in the suggested results if you type them into the Ask A Question box.

I've seen this for both seeded and user-generated Q&A.

Seeing this issue for my dance studio client. Their Knowledge Panel Q&A shows "See all questions (7)" but when you click on the link you can scroll through all 8 Q&A's I added for them.
Same. Says 'see all 19 Q&A' and only displays 13.

They're back...🧐

theyreback.png

Update: They're coming back...I have seen a few that were missing get their questions back. 😏

Last edited:
Seeing the same thing for home home service businesses I manage. Looks like the ones removed were ones I seeded.

I'm seeing this in the "Advertising" and "Band" categories. Only a few Q&As are appearing, when I've entered multiple Q&As for the profiles.

I am seeing and hearing some news that some Questions & Answers are suddenly getting removed by GMB. I was alerted to this over the weekend by Brodie. Today I can confirm that I have at least 6 listings that have had Questions removed that were not violating any guidelines.

I have raised this to Google, but I would love to hear from anyone else if they are seeing the same issue?

If you are willing to share the profile that would be great as I can share it with Google.

With Barbara Oliver, we saw 7 of 11 removed. At first the top level showed 11 were still there but upon click in only saw 4. The top number was adjusted down to 4 after that.

Then yesterday, 1 was brought back so she is now at 5.

Yes, also seeing this. Here's an example when the question shows in the featured Q&A section of desktop. There is an answer to this specific question but it is listed as (No answers)
image (15).png

I'm still missing a couple in certain scenarios but it's better than a few days ago.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom