More threads by JS Girard

JS Girard

Solutions
Reaction score
A coworker just alerted me that no right-hand panel has displayed a logo in Quebec since about Christmas now, both in NMX and normal search:
1705086339822.png

Bug? Test? Definitive change? Any thoughts?

Did you upload a logo into the logo field in the dashboard? This may seem like a no brainer but it can be hard to find. Follow these steps to check, from Manage photos or videos for your Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help

Add a cover photo or logo​

1. Go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
  2. To add a cover photo or logo:
    • With Google Search, select Add photo
      and then
      Logo or Cover photo.
    • With Google Maps, select More
      and then
      Add photo, Logo, or Cover photo.
  3. Choose and add your photo.

If you did and the logo is still not showing, if you can share a link to the listing I can check it out.

If the logo disappeared without explanation, it can also happen when the GBP primary owner email was suspended.

To check it just go to Business Profile settings and then People and access. If the email is suspended the picture is grayed out.

1705149838473.png

Did you upload a logo into the logo field in the dashboard? This may seem like a no brainer but it can be hard to find. Follow these steps to check, from Manage photos or videos for your Business Profile - Google Business Profile Help

No, look at the screenshot. I mean that when the business is in knowledge panel mode, the logo used to be shown to the right of the name (the circled yellow area). Now it is not showing for ANY business. I may be late to the party, but I haven't seen anything about it in my SEO news trawling.

Greg Gifford has an awesome template for image uploads to control (to some extent) what gets seen in the crop.

I love this. Three answers and not a single one actually looked past the thread title to understand the question.

This is a Knowledge panel on the google search page. The red circle is were formerly there would have been a logo in the past, but it's not on any profile anywhere on google. Is this recent? As demonstrated by the screenshot at the beginning of the thread, this is NOT because of a switch to the alternate style of panel.
1705420438739.jpg

1705420661020.jpg

I love this. Three answers and not a single one actually looked past the thread title to understand the question.

This is a Knowledge panel on the google search page. The red circle is were formerly there would have been a logo in the past, but it's not on any profile anywhere on google. Is this recent? As demonstrated by the screenshot at the beginning of the thread, this is NOT because of a switch to the alternate style of panel.
1705420438739.jpg

1705420661020.jpg

Apologies man, I was replying to "Add a cover photo or logo" but you're right, shouldn't have hijacked your thread. My bad. Cheers.

1705420438739.jpg

1705420661020.jpg

Reading iz herd. I do not see it for the various businesses I looked up. I wonder if Google killed it off.

I have noticed this on the last couple of GBPs I've set up - you can upload a logo just fine, but it doesn't show up. The change is about 1-2 weeks old.

I have noticed this on the last couple of GBPs I've set up - you can upload a logo just fine, but it doesn't show up. The change is about 1-2 weeks old.

According to my coworkers, he started noticing it just before Christmas.

We can validate that the change is much older than 1-2 weeks old. We noticed this change starting to appear (or disappear more accurately!) in the first week of December. However, it wasn't consistent.
So, at some point it appeared to be a test, but not sure if it's now permanent.
The logo upload field is still present within GBP, but of course that's still used for replying to reviews/logo for posting photos, etc.

This is actually older then that. Or at the least has been non visible on my clients profiles for several months. The logo is visible above posts on the bottom of the knowledge panel. I believe Near Media reported on this update. I'll have to dig up the blog.

1705511989322.jpg

This is actually older then that. Or at the least has been non visible on my clients profiles for several months. The logo is visible above posts on the bottom of the knowledge panel. I believe Near Media reported on this update. I'll have to dig up the blog.
Maybe you remember this roundup?
  • Logos for major brands are not showing on Google Business Profiles but are showing for single location entities.
However, this appears to be a distinct issue, given @mblumenthal 's comment in the google forum (emphasis mine):
It appears from several conversations that I have had with others that this is standard operating procedure. That brands of a certain number of locations are not eligible to display a logo in their Profile.

@JS Girard for context to my comments, about 70% of the clients we work are single-location clients (small businesses). We have a portion of clients that might have any where from 2-10 locations. But across the board, both types (single and multi) don't have their logo showing currently.
We "noticed" this issue (not intentionally testing) in first week of December. But given the info below, it could have happened anywhere in that 40ish day window.
We have confirmation that logos were still showing on single-location clients on 10/25/23 in the US as we had captured several screenshots of different single location businesses' GBPs on that date for a different test we were doing.

@JS Girard for context to my comments, about 70% of the clients we work are single-location clients (small businesses). We have a portion of clients that might have any where from 2-10 locations. But across the board, both types (single and multi) don't have their logo showing currently.
We "noticed" this issue (not intentionally testing) in first week of December. But given the info below, it could have happened anywhere in that 40ish day window.
We have confirmation that logos were still showing on single-location clients on 10/25/23 in the US as we had captured several screenshots of different single location businesses' GBPs on that date for a different test we were doing.

Thanks for the extra details!

Yeah, I noticed it a couple weeks ago when working on a new client. I was surprised I hadn't heard anything about it then, so was going post but forgot about it.

Our profiles have also not displayed the logo next to their name for about 3 weeks or more. It is still visible in other places of the profile.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom