More threads by Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some ideas. I want to try and get more clicks and engagement on my Google listings. I want to do something that my competitors aren't. We all know that a higher ctr on your listings could easily help you rank higher. I am looking for suggestions on what people have done to make their Google listing more interesting and "fun" for potential clients to click on.

Just looking for spitball ideas.

@Jeffrey, besides maybe having a clever business name, there's not much you can do other than to rack up Google reviews. There just aren't many moving parts in the 3-pack, at least that you can control.

Phil's right. There aren't a lot of moving parts. I think in their own way they might be trying to create a "level" playing field, or at least the illusion of one.

Depending on what your business is, competitors might be ignoring their listings.
  • There's always Google Posts - they're not especially interactive but they do give you a chance to put something "different"
  • Depending on your biz type, updating photos periodically with new products or uses for products can keep people looking at your listing longer.
  • Have someone pre-seed the questions and then you answer - might encourage people to ask questions, might not. Again your type of biz will play a big part.
  • Fill out your services (depending on biz category) - that can help get your listing seen in a wider range of searches
  • Google messaging. Be sure to test - it can be glitchy.

@Jeffrey, those suggestions from @Margaret Ornsby are good, and worth following. A word of clarification on mine: I was referring only to what "stick" elements show up in the 3-pack. If and when people click on your listing, of course, then other GMB moving parts may come into play, and may encourage more people to click.

Ah, good point @Phil Rozek . Different understanding of the question. TY for clarifying

And of course, G keeps playing with the 3 pack, just to keep us on our toes :)

Thank you everyone. I was hoping there was something crazy cool that I wasn't doing, but thats not the case. LOL. I have a separate question to ask you all. Do you know why sometimes gmb services are an option and other times they not?
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 3.24.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 3.22.26 PM.png

Great photos and/or videos are (perhaps) an obvious tactic, as @Margaret Ornsby said earlier. You could also see if there's a relevant emoji to your business name as those seem to be kosher, though I wonder how long things'll stay that way.

Generally speaking I'd say the biggest engagement factor though would be branded searches--getting people to search for your business name and THEN engaging with your Knowledge Panel.

Ok very cool. I was just reading about how emojis can now be apart of legal documents now. :p
They'll probably do good in posts. How bad is it if we just use stock images for google posts instead of actual practice photos. Most of my posts are advertising a new blog that was posted on my clients site, and with that comes stock photos.

If the client has YouTube or Facebook videos, you can easily download them and upload them to both the static photo/video section and as posts (spread them out over time).

You could also see if there's a relevant emoji to your business name as those seem to be kosher, though I wonder how long things'll stay that way.

And "kosher"just being that Google just hasn't caught up with it yet for businesses that don't really have one in their official business name? ;)

Came across this in a search this morning. Wondering if this is permissible? This trophy emoji certainly makes them look like the best. They are using it their maps listing too. It is not part of their name.
1585829558384.png

Emojis in titles are a rare breed nowadays. No, they are not allowed. You would think that Google would automatically block that kind of thing at this point.

Emojis in titles are a rare breed nowadays. No, they are not allowed. You would think that Google would automatically block that kind of thing at this point.
Exactly what we were thinking, and especially for something this outrageous.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom