More threads by Mindquest

Reaction score
A new client has two GBP but they don't know or can't remember who (more importantly what G Account) created them. After many weeks they have no more info.

It was unclear checking the G docs what if any process is in place to handle this. Hoping there is something, not even sure if you can create a new GBP since there is one in place already.

Any ideas?

@keyserholiday had a slightly similar post but for that issue they did have account access just not "Primary Owner".

Solution
A new client has two GBP but they don't know or can't remember who (more importantly what G Account) created them. After many weeks they have no more info.

It was unclear checking the G docs what if any process is in place to handle this. Hoping there is something, not even sure if you can create a new GBP since there is one in place already.

Any ideas?

@keyserholiday had a slightly similar post but for that issue they did have account access just not "Primary Owner".

My advice is still correct. Google will give a hint about what email address owns the business profile. If they can't tell what...

Any ideas?

My advice is still correct. Google will give a hint about what email address owns the business profile. If they can't tell what the email address is with the hint, they can request ownership access and see if they get an email, if not they need to wait three days before they can start the claiming process.

Solution
My advice is still correct. Google will give a hint about what email address owns the business profile. If they can't tell what the email address is with the hint, they can request ownership access and see if they get an email, if not they need to wait three days before they can start the claiming process.

@keyserholiday thanks for replying!

The add that email to Google analytics and Google Search Console. Then request ownership access with that email.

Rereading your comments I am not sure where I go after adding the email to GA4 & GSC to request ownership form Google for the two GBP?

Do you have a link to that request form/page?

@keyserholiday thanks for replying!

Rereading your comments I am not sure where I go after adding the email to GA4 & GSC to request ownership form Google for the two GBP?

Do you have a link to that request form/page?

@keyserholiday Hope you have a great 4th, hoping you could share any thoughts on the link or page for requesting ownership?

@JoyHawkins @Colan Nielsen Did you folks ever do a blog post on this subject?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom