More threads by Nicole

Nicole

Reaction score
We currently have a location page for each of our locations. However, we are thinking about adding a "location directory" where we list all locations and link to the pages. Is there SEO value of creating Global, Country, and State pages like this? Or are there any implications?

Following, as I'm interested in everyone's insights. It would make sense for Google to work this way, similar to Facebook Pages and many multi-site service businesses' website sitemaps. Honestly, Google could render most websites obsolete if it wanted (and was legally allowed) to, by providing a highly-nuanced directory structure for businesses to fill out. They're trying, with Google Sites and whatnot, but definitely coming up way short of their potential. Best case, open source markup gets more consistent, easier to implement, and widely adopted — one language to rule them all. The landscape is needlessly complex.

We currently have a location page for each of our locations. However, we are thinking about adding a "location directory" where we list all locations and link to the pages. Is there SEO value of creating Global, Country, and State pages like this? Or are there any implications?

Is this different from “Groups”? I tried experimenting with this the other day, and it didn’t appear that I could group existing GBPs into a new group.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom